Questions about California Sales Tax Permit

Joseph_Espinosa
Visitor
2 0 0

I am applying online with the California Dept of Tax and Fee Administration for a California Sales Tax Permit.

I am being asked for the following:

Merchant Card Processor Name

Merchant Card Processor Account

My shopify store is setup to accept credit cards through Shopify.

What are the correct answers for the above??

Thank You in advance for any help

Joe

Replies 26 (26)

Evan21
Shopify Staff (Retired)
34 0 12

Hi there Joe,

My name is Evan, I’m a Guru here with Shopify.

I would be happy to give you those identifiers! However, it's not information that we'll want to share in a place like these public forums. So what I'm going to do is send you an email to the account owner email on file. That way we can get you the information you need, without sacrificing your privacy.

Since we're on the subject of taxes, I just wanted to give you some of our other tax resources. We also have a great tax blog that you can check out! If you need some general information and ideas at Tax time.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let me know! I'll be more than happy to help!

Evan | Shopify Guru

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Cailin
Visitor
2 0 0

I'd like that info sent too please!

jimmyz
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi there - I have the same question - can you please send me that information?

Thanks,

Jimmy

TFWCo
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Evan21,

Can I please get this information as well? 

korcliving
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Shopify,

I'm looking for the same info, Thanks!

Mrs_Gibby
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm looking for his also. It seems like such a common question it should just be part of the FAQ's. It shouldn't need to be a something we need to request individually.

Please send me the information.

skrumpe
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi Evan, I have the same question, can you please help?  Thank you!!!

skrumpe
Tourist
5 0 0

Evan,

If you don't have time to assist, can you me in the right direction?  I would really like to continue to use shopify, but if I can't figure out how to set up a legitimate payment system with a resale permit in place I will have to move on to other options.  I've spent about 3-4 days struggling to find the answer to this and frankly it is making me lose faith in Shopify as an option.  There is no way to directly contact any support staff.  Please help if you can.

MarcusK
Excursionist
21 1 28

I did a chat session with Shopify support and got an answer in < 5 minutes.

I'm not sure if this will vary for different people, but they said payment processor was "Shopify Payments". 

They gave me an account number for the Merchant Card Processor Account, but I don't know if that is unique per store or for any other reason, so I won't share that.

Just contact Shopify Chat support:

https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/chat

Eyedrops
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Evan I’m trying to get my sellers permit in California and it’s currently asking for a merchant card  processor name and acct. I’m not sure what to do with it. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank you

MarcusK
Excursionist
21 1 28

Eyedrops:

Check my previous response.  Just do a Chat session with Shopify and they'll give you the info you need.

BrandonCarter
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Evan! i have the same information requirement and would appreciate an email of that to my account. thank you.

Emylee
Visitor
1 0 0
Hi I’d like the same information as well! I’m currently trying to attain my sellers permit
Ambernchrest
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi!

I’m applying for my resellers license and I have the same question.

Can you please send me information?

wildtigersports
Visitor
1 0 0

I am applying online with the California Dept of Tax and Fee Administration for a California Sales Tax Permit.

Where can I find this information?

Thank you,

Cambria

MWForFit
Visitor
2 0 0

My shopify store is setup to accept credit cards through Shopify.

What are the correct answers for the above??

Thank You in advance for any help

Karen

Skyeforge
Visitor
2 0 0

Where can I find this information?

Thank you,

Erik

SkyImageLab
Tourist
7 0 5

Hi guys, I had the same question and this thread had the answer: https://community.shopify.com/c/Accounting-Taxes/Stuck-on-Credit-Card-Processor-section-of-CA-Seller...

Merchant Card Processor Name is simply "Shopify Payments"

Merchant Card Processor Account is simply your Shopify ID which you can find on your admin page on the top right by clicking "Manage Account" and looking at the URL. It should look like  https://accounts.shopify.com/accounts/<id>

salberti
Visitor
1 0 0

hi evan! can you tell me where to generally find the information? I am having the same issue, however with Ebay. I have been searching for weeks and this thread is the only one with an answer!

callanmann
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey there Evan, 

I also need help with this as I am currently in my application for CDTFA.

Thanks in advance

Joseph_Espinosa
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you SO MUCH Evan!!!    I really appreciate your help. I have bookmarked the links you provided about taxes also. 

Thank you for your quick response also!

-Joseph

Douglas_Rieck
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Evan,

Same question please!

thanks,

Doug

Douglas_Rieck
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Evan,

Same question please!  I'm trying to register for california sales tax and on that same step.

Thanks,

Doug

Matthew_McMahon
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Evan!

I'm looking for the same answers to this question. Thank You!

Matthew_McMahon
Visitor
2 0 0

Hey Evan!

I'm looking for the same answers to this question. Thank You!

Dave37
Tourist
4 0 11

I need these answers too!  If you can send me the same answers that would be great....thanks!