Quickbooks and shopify

Easthillsupply
Excursionist
32 0 6

Quick question, i track my sales offline with quickbooks and i was wondering what i should do about my shopify store sales? I dont want to log a sale in quickbooks every time someone buys a 2$ product... but i would imagine this has to be done for taxes? How does this work?

or can i put shopify in as a one customer and put all those sales under that?

Replies 4 (4)
AlanaBryantCPA
Excursionist
10 0 3
A2X Accounting is a good solution. It posts summarized data

Thanks,
Alana Bryant, CPA
Easthillsupply
Excursionist
32 0 6

not sure i understand, im not looking for different software im just curious how people are keeping track of their sales and taxes to stay legit with their llc using shopify and quickbooks

swheeler
Excursionist
30 0 3

Hi EastHillSupply,  Check out the the CartSpan integration for Shopify and the Premium, Pro, and Enterprise versions of QuickBooks Desktop.  CartSpan allows you to direct all orders to a common customer if desired and will direct your taxes collected to an appropriate tax code based upon the ship-to state.  You can then use Shopify reports to manage the specific remittances.

Petbizgirl
2 0 0

I enter my monthly sales in Quickbooks. I run a sales report for the month and then enter the total sales under a line that says "Monthly Shopify Sales." Some of mine are subject to different tax rates based on delivery location, so I have to enter a separate line for each tax rate (usually just two). Keep in mind that you'll also need to run a monthly payout report and total up/add in the transaction fees.

It seems like you can also export your sales to a spreadsheet and then upload them to QB. I'm not advanced enough with QB to do that, though...