What reports should I provide to my bookkeeper?

carolb
Visitor
2 0 1

I am wondering which reports to give my bookkeeper?  Should I email the reports?  Or should I give them access to Shopify so they can find the reports they need?  What do you folks do?

Replies 14 (14)

Leon
Shopify Staff (Retired)
205 1 75

Hey, Carol. 

Leon here from Shopify Support.

If you're unsure which reports you should be giving to your bookkeeper you can provide them with a staff account that restricts access to access only the reports. The staff account would prevent them from accessing areas of your store that you're not comfortable, or they simply do not require access, such as the store theme settings. 

The step by step guide on how to create a staff account can be found on this page

All the best! 

Leon 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

susan062
Visitor
1 0 0

Need a report for bookkeeping purposes that gives  monthly beg balance owed to(from) shopify +/- money in/out = end balance.  

carolb
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks!  I'll look into doing this.

Arsen01
Visitor
3 0 0

Bookkeeping is the recording of financial transactions, and is part of the process of accounting in business. Transactions include purchases, sales, receipts, and payments by an individual person or an organization/corporation. 

🙂

Rossel
Shopify Partner
12 0 1

Hi, 

I am from Zilverback, We built custom integration, automating your bookkeeping processes so you can focus on other things. 

Our integration collects data from your payment gateways and booking your orders as paid to your accounting system.

If you want to know more you can visit our site www.zilverback.com.

John__S
Shopify Partner
78 0 5

Hi Carol,

I'm John from Data Export, a automated reporting application for Shopify.

You can try Data Export if you prefer not to give staff access to your book keeper.

Many merchants use our application to create the report format that their bookeeper needs. Then the reports are automatically sent by email or to a google sheet every hour, day, week or month.

Reports like order, refunds, inventory, billing, and many more can be created.

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
JustinW2
Tourist
3 0 3

Can you please reach out to me with additional information about your app. I'm looking to export daily reports from Shopify but I can't seem to get the information I need all in one place to give to my bookkeeper.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hello @JustinW2,

Thanks for reaching out, we don't have your email id. Can you contact us at support@reportpundit.com with your requirement so we can assist you.

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

mkm1
Tourist
6 0 32

Can someone please help me to understand how I am supposed to get all of the information that we need in one place for acounting purposes?  I do not see any reports that at least have what we paid for the shipping label (we print lables through shopify) and the order # in one place.  This is essential information for us and it seems like I'm supposed to go through every order to see what the cost of the shipping label was and we really do too much volume to do that.  This is an incredible hassle and downfall for us regarding using the shopify platform.  I'm wondering how other people handle this.  And in actuality we really need one report that has all the info in one place.  Money in, money out.  The other missing piece is the shopify fees.  I cant get everythign in one report.  But most importantly is the shipping label cost.  Can anyone please shed any light on this.  I think I've talked to shopify about 5 times if not more about this.  This is a very basic accounting must, I would think.  Please please help. 

John__S
Shopify Partner
78 0 5

Hi Mkm,

It is possible to report Shipping label cost for each order using Data Export.

You can install a trial and test the reports. We can also create the report you need for free.

You can contact me at john@dayspinglabs.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!!

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi Mkm, 

Completely understand where you're coming from. I was wondering if you could break down exactly what you're looking for, and I could submit it to the team as a feature request on your behalf. Hearing feedback directly from store owners such as yourself here is hugely valuable and by telling us how said feature would improve your business, it helps our team make a case to look into working on adding in for the future. In the meantime, I'll share the custom reports and report filter/ editing guides which can hopefully help or shed some further light into what you are looking for:

Another potential option is to look into using an app such as Data Export which John talks about in his reply. You can look at all of the other data export apps in the Shopify app store to see if one fits your needs here

I hope this helps and look forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

OakEquipment
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Nick

Any update on the product request you are mentioning. I guess what I am looking for to provide to my bookkeeper is a detailed transcript of each payment done to my bank account. Out of the $$ paid to the account, what was gross sales, what was transaction fees shopify, what was transaction fees to maybe creditvard company etc and what was possible exchange rate fees that made the amount in to SEK on my account.
Alos, just to be clear custom reports are not a feature in basic plan?

Data export (the app) have a cost yes?

Thanks in advance for help here

Mr Stark

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
305 11 20

Hello @carolb,

You can try Report Pundit if you prefer not to give the shop access to your accountants.

Many merchants use Report pundit to create accounting reports on order detail, taxes, sales tax, PayPal reconciliation, Shopify Payouts, refunds, inventory and many more. Bookkeepers also use our app for creating Quickbooks and Xero templates to upload into the accounting package

You can schedule any pre-created or custom reports to the single/multiple Email IDs or Google Sheets.

We have worked with many accountants to create free custom reports on behalf of their merchants. Contact us at support@reportpundit.com for help in creating reports.

Thanks! 

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

DannyUAE
Visitor
2 0 0

Sharing reports with your bookkeeper can be done through various methods, and the choice depends on your preferences, security considerations, and the convenience for both parties involved. Discuss your preferences with your bookkeeper to ensure they are comfortable with the chosen method and that it aligns with their workflow. Additionally, consider the sensitivity of the financial data and implement security measures accordingly. Whichever method you choose, clear communication and regular updates will facilitate a smooth working relationship with your bookkeeper. If you in need of accounting firm in uae you can contact us.