Sales report shows incorrect! Ignores refund from Klarna

Forslunds
Visitor
2 0 2

My sales report ignores refund, says ive sold alot more then i have!

My reports, like the one on the dashboard to the right that says how much ive sold does not calculate all my refunds correct!
It seems as when doing refund to VISA/Mastercard everything seems to be reported right.

But in Sweden we have alot of customers buying with Klarna. (through the official shopify gateway solution).

When doing a refund with Klarna through Shopify admin it generates strange financial reports.
It makes another fictive sale that day and then a refund. Making the totalt 0 on the refund day?
So im blindly thinking wow what a great month of sales when we actually have 30% less money!
This sticks through months of sales so it doesnt "wait" for a completion of the refund either.

A refund shows up in the sales reports something like:

DateOrderMoneyTaxTotal
20th March, Sold25800 SEK200 SEK1000 SEK
10th April, Refund25-800 SEK-200 SEK-1000 SEK
10th April, Sold again(!?)251000 SEK0 SEK1000 SEK

That makes the report think i still have 1000 SEK from the customer but i should have 0.

The only way to get the right sales figures is by looking at the payouts-report to me by "Shopify Payments".

I am guessing this is not how it should be? 🙂

Replies 2 (2)

Julie
Shopify Staff
1109 106 368

Hi, @Forslunds!

Julie here from Shopify Support.

Thanks for breaking down your sales reports for me. Without being able to access your admin and cross-reference your orders with your sales reports, it's a bit difficult to discern where this discrepancy is coming from.

That being said, I'd really like to rule out any potential bugs and make sure that the information you are accessing is accurate. We will need to access your admin to take a deeper look, so I suggest contacting our Support team directly, since they will be able to authenticate your account and proceed with next steps. We have a few different contact methods available, including live chat.

I hope this guides you in the right direction!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

ben19
Shopify Partner
10 0 0

same issue here. using the rest api, refunds, klarna transactions remain all in a pending status.
Feels buggy. Dont know what to do about it

{"id"=>xxx,
"note"=>"Refunded via ReturnGO RMA1373126. Reasons: Does not fit",
"duties"=>[],
"restock"=>false,
"user_id"=>nil,
"order_id"=>xxx,
"created_at"=>"2023-04-25T12:33:23+02:00",
"processed_at"=>"2023-04-25T12:33:23+02:00",
"transactions"=>
  [{"id"=>xxx,
    "kind"=>"refund",
    "test"=>false,
    "amount"=>"100.00",
    "status"=>"pending",
    "gateway"=>"Klarna",
    "message"=>nil,
    "receipt"=>{"refund_id"=>"xxx"},
    "user_id"=>nil,
    "currency"=>"EUR",...

seeing that its been around for a long while, event documented by klarna itself, referencing the following : https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apis-and-sdks/how-to-change-refund-status/m-p/502556/highlig...