Sales Tax not calculated in test mode

katrineliseart
Visitor
1 0 0
I started the test mode, but when I added one of my products to my cart, it only calculated the price of the product and the shipping, not taxes.  On my product, I’ve selected “charge sales tax.”  I’m registered to collect sales tax in Arkansas.  I’ve also unchecked the “all prices include tax” box in Taxes and Duties.  What do I do?
Replies 4 (4)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @katrineliseart 

The optimum way for you now is to contact the Shopify support team directly and have them check it for you.

You could refer to this link, log in to your store account then type in a topic in the search bar and select Search. On the following page, scroll down to Get Support and click Continue and you'll be presented with options to contact their Support via chat, email, or schedule a call-back.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as a solution.
All the best.

banned

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @katrineliseart,

Thank you for getting in touch. When you test this by proceeding to checkout, are you entering in a shipping address? If so, is this an address from Arkansas or another state?

Can you also tell me if you have this option enabled when you go to Settings > Taxes and duties?

25-59-68182-37988

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Nick881
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Victor, I have the same issue where sales tax shows up in the checkout but is not added to the total. I can confirm I have those boxes checked, 

Victor
Shopify Staff
2449 226 522

Hi @Nick881,

Thanks for reaching out. If you have the "All prices include tax" option checked, your prices will be considered to be tax-inclusive and no additional tax will be added at checkout. If you want tax to be calculated at checkout and added on to the listed price of your products, you need to uncheck this box.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you're still having issues.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog