FROM CACHE - en_header

Selling in Norway

Beka84
Excursionist
34 0 8

hello

i am in Sweden but want to sell in Norway. Can i do it? 

Replies 3 (3)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1665 154 366

Hi @Beka84,

Yes, absolutely! Shopify allows merchants to sell wherever in the world they wish to, and if you're looking to expand your business outside of your country's borders it makes sense to first start selling in a neighboring nation such as Norway.

When selling internationally, there's many aspects you'll want to consider. I'd recommend researching what the cost of shipping your products to Norway would be and setting up a shipping zone with shipping rates for your Norwegian customers. As Norway is part of the European Free Trade Association I do not believe you'll need to worry about duties when shipping across the border, but if that is not the case we have documentation with guidance on collecting duties and import taxes.

I would also recommend checking out our new Shopify Markets feature which aims to help merchants better manage their business when selling in different countries and markets. You can use Markets to accept payments in different currencies, translate your store into different languages, add international domains to your store, among other features.

You can also read our blog post on international commerce for further guidance on selling beyond your own borders.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any further questions!

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Beka84
Excursionist
34 0 8

Hi @Victor 

I am new here so i just learn right now.

i wonder if there is already a product in the stores in my country, why would a buyer want to buy the same product from me and wait some weeks to get it from Asia? They would rather buy the product here and get it in 2 days. I dont understand that

Or must i find a product that is not on sale in my country yet? Something uniqe?

Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1665 154 366

Hi @Beka84,

This is the difficult part of dropshipping, and it can take some time to get right. If you feel like the product is already readily available locally and for a similar price, it's likely going to be difficult to generate sales. When starting an online store, you want to find a "gap in the market"—this could be through offering a product that is not easy to find in your target market, or by offering something that is an improvement on what is already available to consumers. You can also try and attract interest in your products by offering it at a cheaper price (while ensuring that it is profitable for you as well).

Did you have any ideas yet on what you'd like to sell? I would recommend checking out our guide on how to start a dropshipping business in 2022, which includes guidance on choosing an idea for your store.

With regards to shipping times, I will also point out that many dropshipping suppliers in Asia will offer shorter shipping times (e.g. 1-2 weeks) for a small paid shipping cost, while the free shipping on offer is usually much longer (3-4 weeks or more). It's worth taking the time to review shipping costs for the products you're interested in selling and making a decision on whether it's feasible for you to sell these products in your store. It's also possible to find suppliers based in Europe who will generally have products available for a higher price but with cheaper shipping fees. You can read our documentation on choosing suppliers for more advice on this.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog