Can I get a refund for unused Shopify stores?

Ramon_HODS
Tourist
3 0 1

I have tried deleting my stores multiple times and it is not letting me. I would like a refund on all these past charges as I have not used my stores in MONTHS

Replies 5 (5)

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Ramon_HODS.

Thanks for reaching out here, I would be happy to point you in the right direction for this. Can I start by clarifying what the issue is when you try to delete your shops, are you getting a specific error that prevents you from doing so? If so, are you able to share a screenshot of this error? You mentioned you have not used your shop in months, just a friendly reminder that Shopify charges are subscription-based so you are not charged based on logging in or utilizing the shop but on a monthly or yearly basis. As noted in our Terms of Service that you agree upon when signing up notes, refunds on subscription charges are not something we normally issue:

That said, if there was something preventing you from cancelling your accounts, this is certainly something our support team would be happy to take a closer look into. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results.

I hope this helps you out moving forward, feel free to reach back out here if you have any questions about the above information.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ramon_HODS
Tourist
3 0 1

It is not a specific error. I try to put in my password and it says that it is wrong. And I obviously know my password because I had to log in to here and the store. If the refund for the previous months is not possible I would like to close both stores I have now and get the refund for this month

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Ramon_HODS.

Thank you for getting back to me, I am not sure why your store password would not work. If you are sure you are inputting the correct password and running into issues, I would recommend trying through an incognito browser.  However, you could always click "forget password" and change it to gain access to the store in order to close it in the meantime. You will need to reach out to our live support team in order to look into this request as we do not have access to accounts via our community at this time. Once you reach a live support member and explain your situation they will be able to take a closer look into any potentials.

Thanks again for reaching out! 

Ramon_HODS
Tourist
3 0 1

how do i reach out like that?

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Ramon_HODS.

You can do so by logging into your store through the Help Center
, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. You will then reach all our available support options, I would suggest choosing the chat option to get in contact with an advisor quickly!

I hope this helps!