Solved

Shopify Developer in Norway - how do you report your sales made via Shopify?

Tahar
Shopify Partner
28 2 2

We are wondering if there are Norwegian Shopify developers in this forum. We are currently struggling with our accounting for the sales we make via the Shopify Billing API. Our accountants position is that the sales reports we get from Shopify are a good starting point to justify our sales but are not enough as these reports are far from being official sales documentation with all the information required by the tax authorities (customer name, address, total amount paid...) 

Has anyone faced these issues? What would be the best way (from an legal / accounting perspective) to capture sales made via the Shopify Billing API?

Accepted Solution (1)
Tahar
Shopify Partner
28 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Sorry for the late reply. 
Yes - our accountants are now creating a summary invoice every couple of months to account for the payout made during that period. I still need to send them the payouts CSV file tough. 

I hope this helps. 

Tahar

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

VClerkLife
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hi there,

Did you ever figure this out?  We made an app for the shopify store, but I don't know how to use payouts to get the revenue?  Or what was your scenario like?

Best,
Wesley

banned
Tahar
Shopify Partner
28 2 2

This is an accepted solution.

Sorry for the late reply. 
Yes - our accountants are now creating a summary invoice every couple of months to account for the payout made during that period. I still need to send them the payouts CSV file tough. 

I hope this helps. 

Tahar