Shopify Payment Setup and legal structure

ahkarmyokyaw
Tourist
6 0 1

Hi All,

I would like to get help for setting the payment in Shopify. I am new here and trying to learn. My LLC is in USA but i am non-residence and currently in Myanmar. So meaning, i have EIN for business, but no SSN. As my research, i found Shopify payment and Paypal payment are commonly best payments to set up. But unfortunately, Shopify payment set up looks required SSN. and Paypal is currently unavailable in my country. So could you please advise me to set up payments which one to go and how can i solve this issue, (I have Stripe account though). 

PS: would it be possible to have multiple dropshipping shopify stores under 1 LLC and can i switch another LLC later on after incorporated dedicated for those shopify stores.

Thanks all for you response and advise. 

Replies 2 (2)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @ahkarmyokyaw!

Thanks for sharing the research you've done so far. You are correct; to use Shopify Payments for a US-based business, a SSN is required as per our Terms of Service for Shopify Payments. If PayPal is also not available in your country, we can look for other third-party payment gateways. Here is our tool where you can select your country, and see which payment gateways are available for Myanmar. Below is a screenshot of the options for Myanmar: 

29-36-86442-91888

There is more information about using third-party payment providers on our Help Center. Since you are not eligible for Shopify Payments at this time, you will be charged transactions fees each time a customer makes a purchase using a third-party provider. Let me know if you have any further questions. 

As for the legal questions regarding your LLC and multiple stores, this is out of my scope to comment on. Hopefully another Community user will be able to offer some advice for you on this subject. Otherwise, my best advice is to consult a legal professional in your area to ensure you are complying with any laws and regulations. 

Have you run a dropshipping business before? Thought I'd share our blog article The Ultimate Guide to Dropshipping for some great information on running a successful dropshipping business.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

shivamnew
Shopify Partner
40 0 3

Hi Hilary,

We from india and in india there are lot of features not enabled by shopify.

We want to start a new shopify US account with theme in built currency converter and langauge converter .also wish to ship worldwide using shopify markets and shopify payements.

what docs needed for these ,please guide us we can start the US documentation process.

Also we are eligible for all features with US Account?