Solved

Shopify Payments for non-US resident, don't have SSN but have LLC

DigitalNomadSG
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi There

I m a Panama Resident with a LLC in the United State (is a Disregarded Entity ) that means that I dont have a SSN number but my company have a EIN number .

I have read that exist exceptions to this rule, i can provide the next documents : 

- My passport 

- IRS Letter with my EIN

- USA Bank Account

- Tracking number of my products (are fulfilled locally in the US to my clients)

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

@EitanB 

If you have all the required documents then you can reach out to our Support to create a request. It is important to note that even if all documents are provided, it does not guarantee that we will be able to provide Shopify Payments. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

Hi, @DigitalNomadSG

If you are operating a business that you can prove operates from the United States, then we may be able to provide Shopify Payments for your store. In order to request Shopify Payments, you would need: 

1. Government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, etc. - non-US ID may be accepted)
  2. An SSN will be reqiured
  3. Business registration document (Registered in the US with the government)
  4. Proof that the business is actually operating from the US. This can include tracking showing they are shipping from the US or proof of a physical US address (not a forwarding address)
  5. A USD checking account opened with a real US banking institution, located on US soil. Virtual banks and currency services will not work for this, it has to be a real US bank

If you have all of the required documents, then I'd be happy to send your request up for further review. However; it is important to note that we can not guarantee you'll be approved to use Shopify Payments, even if you are able to provide the required documents. 

Let me know!

EitanB
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi Peter, 

I have the same issue. I live in Israel. I'm a non-US resident. My company is LLC-Single-member based in Wyoming, I have an EIN,  and have all the required documents. Just dont have the SSN. 

Could you help me getting started with the process to send my documents for review?

Please let me know if I should send you here my Email. Thanks 

Eitan

Trevor
Community Moderator
3389 459 976

This is an accepted solution.

@EitanB 

If you have all the required documents then you can reach out to our Support to create a request. It is important to note that even if all documents are provided, it does not guarantee that we will be able to provide Shopify Payments. 

While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

gokhan3010
Visitor
1 0 0

Sorry but this is not a solution, because Shopify support team doesn’t help. We are able to provide all documents, also created support tickets. But, no one return us.