Solved

Small UK business exports to EU

Jo1966
Visitor
1 0 1

I am a small UK business that wants to start exporting to the EU. We are VAT registered and will have micro business exemptions but can't use IOSS as our product value is more than 150euros. I am trying to set up my shop so that EU customers see prices ex-VAT so they pay them directly themselves. Can someone please advise the process for this? Many thanks.

Accepted Solution (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jo1966,

The first thing I will advise you to do is to speak to a local tax official or accountant to make sure you are only charging the taxes you need to charge. 

With that in mind, there are some great help guides for setting up and managing your taxes within the EU:

In terms of showing prices which exclude VAT, I'm wondering if the Tax overrides and exemptions feature can do what you need. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1024

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Jo1966,

The first thing I will advise you to do is to speak to a local tax official or accountant to make sure you are only charging the taxes you need to charge. 

With that in mind, there are some great help guides for setting up and managing your taxes within the EU:

In terms of showing prices which exclude VAT, I'm wondering if the Tax overrides and exemptions feature can do what you need. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.