TAX NOT COLLECTING, STARTING TO GET ANNOYED NOW

DRP996
Excursionist
22 0 5

ive made many posts and none answered.

Why does it say under taxes "NOT COLLECTING" 

Im a limited company and need to collect 19% in UK NOT 20% and want to set a % for worldwide too.

How can i enable to collect taxes?? it said i have to enable VAT, di NOT NOT want to enable VAT in order to collect and adjust taxes.

someone PLEASE HELP ME!

Replies 3 (3)

Tira
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1260 90 223

Hey, @DRP996

Tira here to help.

Thanks for your question. We respond to as many questions as we can. Please note that it’s not guaranteed that all posts on our Shopify Community will receive a response. 

To answer your question, this error could be appearing for a number of reasons. Let’s work together to figure this out. 

Are all of your products set to charge taxes for the product? On each product, there will be an option to check off whether you want to charge taxes on a product. If this is unchecked, then the product won’t have taxes collected at checkout. If it’s checked, then you will have taxes charged at checkout. 

You can edit a product and follow these steps to charge taxes on your products:

• Login to your Shopify admin
  • Click on “Products” and click on the product you wish to edit
  • If you have no variants, scroll down to the Pricing section, then check off the box next to “Charge tax on this product”

Here is what this looks like from my test store:

Tira_0-1615404292589.png

• If you have variants, scroll down to the variant you wish to edit and click on the variant, under the Pricing section, click the box next to “Charge tax on this variant”
    Here’s a photo from my test store of what this looks like:
    Tira_1-1615404292598.png

• If you have multiple variants you want to charge taxes on, you can use the Bulk Editor to bulk add this option. The Bulk Editor is like a spreadsheet that will help you edit product details in bulk. From the product’s page, under the Variant section, click on “Edit Variants > Open Bulk Editor” then click on Add fields, then click on “Charge taxes” to add the “Charge taxes” column to the bulk editor. Check off the products you wish to charge taxes on and click the “Save” button at the top of the page to save your changes. 

Sometimes you will need to override taxes on a product because your products are exempt from tax or have a lower tax rate. I recommend setting up overrides for your taxes by following our help doc with the instructions here: Override taxes. Have you tried these steps before?

If you haven't checked our doc on setting up taxes in the UK, I encourage you to take a look here: Setting up taxes in the UK

Is this what you were looking to accomplish? I am also curious, why do not want to charge VAT?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Lsoft
15 0 0

looking at this too

Sufio
Shopify Partner
182 2 58

Hi @DRP996 and @Lsoft 

It has been a while since you have posted this and you might have figured this out already.

In any case, from our experience there are three possible causes as to why taxes are missing on your orders and invoices:

• The country tax rate is not configured properly.
  • The product is not set as taxable.
  • The customer is set as tax-exempt.

Please, check more details in our article regarding missing tax on Shopify orders and invoices. I hope it helps!

- Lenka from Sufio