Can I get my first-year tax report from Shopify in the USA?

SparklyMeMaw
Tourist
5 0 2

2020 was my very first year with Shopify..

How do i Get my Tax Report to file with my Taxes in the USA.

Thankyou

Replies 6 (6)

califluffco
Explorer
45 3 8

I'd also love to know this!

BetterReports-K
Shopify Partner
169 6 16

Hi @SparklyMeMaw,

Keanna here from the Better Reports support team.

I would recommend our app Better Reports for this!

We can create a custom report that shows your sales by tax names (both state and county). We can organize the report to fit your reporting needs, it can even be broken down by month and/or by state!

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have more than 60 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs. Our reports can be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive.

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Let me know how you go and feel free to reach out if you have any further questions.

Report-Pundit
Trailblazer
303 11 20

Hello @SparklyMeMaw & @califluffco,

Report Pundit is a powerful reporting cost-effective app built by working with thousands of Shopify merchants.

Report Pundit can get granular tax reports which can split by county, state, province. We can also list each tax based on the product category and export report based on tax and non-tax sales in line item level.

The report can be filtered based on various tax conditions like total tax, total tax %, Tax title, etc.

The tax report includes taxes like state tax, county tax, VAT or GST. There are pre-created tax reports in Report Pundit like monthly tax summary report, product tax Report, tax per State report and tax per county report.

We have also created custom reports for many of our customers contact us at support@reportpundit.com or our live support for instant help in creating reports.

Thanks,
John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards

BiancaBlake
Excursionist
34 0 15

Hi,

Did you sell to Europe last year from the U.S.?

We have a free webinar about VAT on March 10. Do you think it might help explain your VAT liabilities? Join us if you like here is the invite:

Please join us for a complimentary Zoom webinar:

Value Added Tax When Selling Products Online to Europe

Wednesday, March 10 at 11:00am PST / 2:00pm EST 

This webinar is designed for U.S. and Canadian companies

selling products to the EU and/or the UK

either on their own website or

through Amazon, Ebay, Shopify, and other sites.

Euro VAT Refund's CEO, Britta Eriksson

provides breaking news regarding January 2021 UK rules

and expert insights on how to prepare for

the new EU laws for ecommerce starting July 2021

During this webinar you will learn:

• Your VAT liabilities when selling goods online
  • Handling sales and shipments to EU and UK customers

• How to choose countries for VAT registration

• How it affects North American sellers now

To register and receive your zoom log-in link please email:

vat eurovat com

Euro VAT Refund, Inc. · 5161 Overland Avenue · Culver City, CA 90230 · Phone: 310 204 0805

qz7
Excursionist
18 0 18

I can't believe that shopify doesn't have a functional, workmanlike, reporting mechanism, but i can't find it.  I simply can't believe it....please somebody who doesn't want to sell me a service, tell me how to access it.

Vonda_Youngkin
Explorer
75 0 51

They don't.  It's awful, and it's embarrassing.

What exactly do you need?  A 1099-K?

If you didn't make over a certain amount (think $25k?) they don't send a 1099-K.  Then it's up to you to report how much income you received on your taxes.

Report gross sales, but don't forget to deduct all your expenses - shipping, refunds, office supplies, subscriptions, etc.

I have to file/pay monthly sales tax I collected for the state of Florida to the state of Florida.  I just upgraded to the Shopify ($79/mo) plan - and guess what?  No simple report that tells me how much in Florida Taxable Sales and how much tax collected.  I can find one that shows tax collected, but not the total sales that the taxes were collected from.

I'm having to use Report Pundit.  It's a good app, but shameful something so necessary for a business isn't included in Shopify.  And the Shopify Customizable Reports are on the $199/mo plan - lol right.  I'm not going to that - I don't see any additional UPS savings, either. 

Just simply awful eCommerce.