Taxes not auto adding depending state

ssanchez85
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello All,
Long time user, 1st time poster!

I have a site that I am working on and this site and business is located in California. All the taxes have been working great when the local californians purchase items. The issue is when other customers from another state purchase, no tax is added. I spoke to my Tax person and he guided me that state tax is mandatory to all purchases since it was sold in California. Im lost on how to add this override. 

I did see https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/taxes/us/us-tax-reference#california however this is also confusing. I would like to collect taxes from everyone that purchases an item from this store. 

Any help from ?

Replies 2 (2)

maaric
Visitor
1 0 1

I am in this same situation. Tax is automatically being added to the products I sell in California (my location) but not in other states. Can anyone advise us?

Thanks
Maari

ssanchez85
Tourist
5 0 1

I want to say I kinda fixed it? I guess ill have to see but here is what I did...

Settings>Taxes> Tax Regions (United States "collecting") Click Edit> ADD ALL THE US STATES...

I haven't really really tested it however it started charging taxes for texas and neveda.

Im only stuck in 1 more thing which is coupons... When someone adds a coupon, it does taxes to the new DISCOUNTED prices when it should be taxed at the original amount, not the discounted. soooo, if anyone knows how to fix this?

Hopefully this helps 🙂