Solved

How to remove GST for overseas sales on Shopify?

FiKel
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, 

Our store is based in Australia but we also sell our products overseas. How do I get Shopify to remove the GST amount on any products I sell/ship to an overseas address? TIA

Accepted Solution (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FiKel.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that your store is based in Australia and you're looking to remove the taxes (eg. GST) from international orders. You can manage the regions in which you're registered to collect taxes and ensure that you're not collecting taxes outside of Australia.

If you're using "All prices include taxes" then it's not possible to remove the taxes, as the tax is included in the item price. However, while the prices remain the same, international customers will not see the tax fields at checkout. 

If you run into any issues managing your taxes, then this is something that our Support team can help you with. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Just to confirm, are you seeing any taxes in the checkout when creating a test order using an overseas address?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2805 274 490

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @FiKel.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that your store is based in Australia and you're looking to remove the taxes (eg. GST) from international orders. You can manage the regions in which you're registered to collect taxes and ensure that you're not collecting taxes outside of Australia.

If you're using "All prices include taxes" then it's not possible to remove the taxes, as the tax is included in the item price. However, while the prices remain the same, international customers will not see the tax fields at checkout. 

If you run into any issues managing your taxes, then this is something that our Support team can help you with. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

Just to confirm, are you seeing any taxes in the checkout when creating a test order using an overseas address?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

FiKel
Tourist
3 0 1
Thank you Elias, your answer has enabled me to resolve my issue, much appreciated. 😊