How can I quickly track cash added or removed from multiple tills?

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

Is there a report that shows the cash removed/added from the tills? To find these , we are currently having to drill down in each till every day and that consumes a lot of time with more than 30 tills. We reconcile cash in a way that allows us to find cash discrepancies and the transactions are part of that.

Replies 10 (10)

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
16 0 14

Following this thread, because I have been searching the Shopify Community for this same information.  If a report is NOT available, this needs to be a priority with Shopify to rectify ASAP!  It's an accounting necessity!

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

@PDP_Bookkeeper  Evidently we are alone in this issue. It sure frustrates me.

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
16 0 14

Between this issue and the inability to do a partial refund on an item for a discount that wasn't applied with the proper tax identified appropriately, Shopify has become my 'Bookkeepers nightmare'!🤦🏼‍♀️

Since they now have the Cash Tracking, adding this reporting feature should be a simple programming task!

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

Be aware that the cash tracking report and the financial summary reports don't always tie out. There are issues with some returns not being in one report but are in the other.

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
16 0 14

Thanks for the warning KP_Enterprises!  I'm discovering a number of things that don't tie-out between different reports! Uggggg......

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
16 0 14

I have discovered that the majority of the tie-out issues with the Finance Summary are related to the inability of Shopify to properly handle a 'partial refund'.  I've discovered that I can readily identify these by filtering for 'Unknown' transaction type!  The rest of the discrepancies have been 'Draft Orders'.  Doesn't make sense that 'Draft Orders' is listed as a Sales Channel, but Shopify doesn't list 'Draft Orders' in the All Channels drop-down menu.

KP_Enterprises
Explorer
59 2 16

I was aware of the draft orders but I didn't think about looking at unknown transactions for partial refunds. Thanks

CVT
Excursionist
20 0 8

It looks like this was never resolved? We have been struggling with this and other refund/exchange/gift card credits. Having access to cash/credit refunds would be an excellent place to start. 

PDP_Bookkeeper
Excursionist
16 0 14

It doesn't appear to be a priority 'fix' with Shopify, although this is causing accounting nightmare issues!

CVT
Excursionist
20 0 8

Right!? I'm pulling my hair out over here. We keep adding whatever I can't reconcile into a clearing account in our accounting system. I'm wondering if there's a POS reporting app. There are so many apps...