Can Shopify provide a free app for inventory margin tracking?

vr1handbags
Tourist
5 0 3

Is there a way or is there a free to use app which will give me a snapshot of my inventory margins?

As a rule i always enter my cost price, which is auto updated (by way of the stock sync app) and i enter a selling price, but how do i know when or if the selling price is too low or even making a loss?

Ive looked on shopify and i cant seem to find a report that shows my margins and or cost and selling prices together.

Can anyone help?

Replies 5 (5)

CloudlabSam
Shopify Partner
526 42 85

Hi there,

Our free app Report Toaster can help with this. We can show your inventory quantity, cost, sales price, profit margin and total value by cost or by price. Feel free to check it out and let us know if you have any questions. Thanks!

vr1handbags
Tourist
5 0 3

Thanks for the suggestion ive installed the app but am having difficulty locating the report you mention.

Thanks

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @vr1handbags,

After onboarding, you can click Reports > Products and see all of the information you're looking for.

If you need some hands-on guidance, please reach out to our support team by using the message tool in the app and one of our team members will be happy to help you out.

You can also check out this article in our knowledge base for more info.

Cheers,

Ofer

BeProfit_App
Shopify Partner
75 1 4

Hi @vr1handbags - while our app is not free, it does exactly what you asked about and a lot more (which is why it's a paid app).

We work hard to bring you the best profit & expense calculator app, and we're confident that you'll find it more than worth the cost of using the app.

In any case, you can try the BeProfit Profit Tracker app entirely free for 14 days and run those calculations you mentioned regarding your inventory margins. If you feel the app is worth it, you can continue. If you find that you got what you needed, that's cool by us! Give it a shot, and if you need anything you can always give our support team a shout - we're happy to help.

Good luck!

PublicApps
Shopify Partner
146 5 34

If you're looking for a free app, create a draft order with all the products you want to see the margin for, and open it in the Draft Profit Margins app.

You'll get something like this:

free-shopify-app-profit.png

Public Apps | Theme customization & App development
 - Was my reply useful? Like it to let me know!
 - Did I answer your question? Please mark as Accepted Solution.
 - Need more help? Contact us.