Tshirt business, what do I need?

norlic25
Visitor
1 0 0

Questioning this on me using a print-on-demand website and selling online in the state of Pennsylvania. What kind of licenses in state would I need? From my understanding, clothing is sales tax exempt so I don’t need to file for that (pretty sure) but I do have to pay Self-Employment tax probably. I fully own the designs going on the T-shirt’s and am running this from home but any help on what kind of licensing or if I don’t need any is appreciated 

Reply 1 (1)

Don
Shopify Staff
2762 199 388

Hi there @norlic25!

You can learn about partnering with a print-on-demand service for your Shopify store here on our help site

Be sure to check out the link in that guide to our app store where you can browse the integrations made available by some printing services.

With regard to your query about licensing and taxation, we would always have to direct you to consult a qualified expert in your jurisdiction to ensure you're compliant with any local requirements there.

When you have determined where and how your business should be registered, you can use the available tax settings for US businesses available in your Shopify admin.

Our guide to setting up taxes for US businesses is also going to be super useful to help you get this set up!

You can also check for any local or regional government information online that is available for where you are. 

Have you thought about who you'd like to market your designs to our how you plan to reach out to them? 

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog