Why was I charged a final invoice after cancelling my membership?

sneakLDN
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi there,

I cancelled my shopify membership today and straight afterwards I was charged a "final invoice" even though my billing is from the 6th September to the 6th October. I cancelled both of the paid plans with the apps before cancelling the subscription, which I have been charged for on this bill. These apps were cancelled before the billing so in my eyes this is an unauthorised charge, would you be able to refund this to the paypal account otherwise I will have to make a claim through paypal. I have closed the store and now cannot benefit from paying for the plan. 

Regards,
Reply 1 (1)

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 132

Hi, @sneakLDN 

Sorry to hear you closed your Shopify store today, and that you feel you've been wrongly charged after doing so. I'd be happy to help discuss your best options. At this time, we aren't able to offer account-specific support via the Community, so I won't be able to look into the specifics of your billing details and cycle here. 

That being said, our Support team would be more than happy to look into this with you and review the charges in detail. You don't have to have an active store to contact our Support team. To do this, please follow the link to Contact Support. Please login, and then search for the topic you need help with, for example "billing issues". From there, look for the option to Continue to get support. You'll be able to speak with our team via live chat, callback request, or email. 

Again, we are sorry to see you go, and please do reach out to our team so we can get these billing questions resolved for you as soon as possible. Wishing you all the best. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.