Re: Don't Procrastinate

Why is Windows 11 causing issues with QB POS credit card processing?

TresaM
Excursionist
41 0 42

Just a heads up for those who are using QB POS.  Do not upgrade to Windows 11.  The upgrade will cause a problem with credit card processing.  You will be forced to turn off accept credit and debit card processing through the point of sale and key all sales into a the QB merchant account on your computer.  This adds time to each sale AND results in higher cc processing fees.  We are now in critical status to complete our migration to Shopify POS.  We have one issue that we have been unable to work around.  Every suggestion made by Shopify is not working.  I've reached out to the app maker suggested by Shopify and was told they cannot help.  It absolutely makes no sense that I cannot get the help I need.  I have a scheduled call with a Shopify expert today.  If anyone in this community has used an expert to alter the CVS import file for multiple locations, please let me know.  HELP!

Another point, whoever created the Quickbooks migration app, please listen to our pleas.  There are issues that need to be addressed ASAP. 

Shopify headquarters, take the plunge, talk to your customers🔊.  

Buy Quartz Direct From The Mine
Replies 6 (6)

Danceman1
Excursionist
30 1 8

Well this is scary.  One week old and no reply.  We are trying to Migrate this coming Sunday/Monday.  We only have one location so hoping it goes well.

TresaM
Excursionist
41 0 42

The phone and email support for Shopify have been phenomenal.  A few of my school of hardknocks file that may help you get it right the first time (unlike me😖)

1. Name your one Shopify POS location the exact name shown in your QB POS headquarters to ensure inventory is correctly imported 

2. When importing and editing the CSV, when you copy the barcode column to add to the Variant SKU column and remove the 0 in front of your SKU/item number to match your price tag, double check the CSV file to confirm the  ' before the 0 in the barcode variant remains.    If it is not there, your scanner will not read tag.  

3.  Reports - The basic reporting feature will not be useful if you need detailed reports like we were able to run in QB. Download a reports app

4.  Selling products that need to be weighed before ringing up the sale - download the unitpricer app

Danceman1
Excursionist
30 1 8

I've have also had nothing but great experience via both email and phone.  Staying with the same tech via email with follow up questions has helped alot.

One question on your tips - where is the "QB POS Headquarters".  Our Register is just listed as "Workstation #1".

TresaM
Excursionist
41 0 42

You won't find it on the register.  It is within the Quickbooks POS program.  Headquarters is where inventory is added, sales tax set up, department list, store list, etc.  It is where the detailed reports can be generated.     

Usman8976
Visitor
1 0 1

To overcome procrastination, here are some strategies you can consider:

1. Set Clear Goals: Clearly define your tasks and set specific, achievable goals. This can help you understand what needs to be done and provide a sense of direction.

2. Break Tasks into Smaller Steps: Large tasks can be overwhelming and lead to procrastination. Break them into smaller, manageable steps to make them feel less daunting.

3. Use Time Management Techniques: Techniques like the Pomodoro Technique involve working for a set amount of time (e.g., 25 minutes) and then taking a short break. This can help maintain focus and prevent burnout.

4. Prioritize Tasks: Determine the importance and urgency of each task using methods like the Eisenhower Matrix (urgent vs. important). Focus on tasks that are both important and urgent first.

5. Eliminate Distractions: Identify and minimize potential distractions, such as turning off notifications, finding a quiet workspace, and blocking distracting websites.

6. Create a Schedule: Develop a daily or weekly schedule that allocates time for different tasks and activities. Stick to the schedule to build a routine.

7. Reward Yourself: After completing tasks, reward yourself with a short break, a treat, or something enjoyable. This can serve as positive reinforcement for staying on track.

8. Visualize Success: Imagine the sense of accomplishment and relief you'll feel after completing a task. Visualizing success can motivate you to start working.

9. Hold Yourself Accountable: Share your goals with someone else who can help hold you accountable. This could be a friend, family member, or a coworker.

10. Reflect on Consequences: Consider the potential negative consequences of procrastination, such as missed deadlines or added stress. This reflection can help motivate you to take action.

11. Practice Self-Compassion: Don't be too hard on yourself if you slip up occasionally. Acknowledge that everyone faces challenges with procrastination, and focus on getting back on track.

Remember that overcoming procrastination is a gradual process that requires consistent effort. By incorporating these strategies into your daily routine, you can improve your productivity and achieve your goals more effectively.

TresaM
Excursionist
41 0 42

Check your QB POS update to install the patch for cc processing.  It took care of our problem🎉