Wrong sales tax rate charged when sent draft order to customer

Steve82
Excursionist
32 0 36

I created a draft order and sent it over to the customer. In the past, the draft shows my local tax rate until the shipping address is added by the customer. In this case, I added their shipping address before sending the draft and it still showed up as my local tax rate instead of their tax rate. I do not think they adjusted the shipping address at all, paid invoice, and as a result they paid my local tax rate instead of theirs. Is this a bug where the wrong rate will be charged if I put in their shipping information AND they do not adjust the address at all?

Fine Art Landscapes - Sawusch Photography - USScenics.com
Replies 2 (2)

Steve82
Excursionist
32 0 36

Update: I just created a test draft order following the same path and have different results. It looks like there is a bigger bug here. Steps taken

- Create draft order, filled in shipping information. Tax rate shown is local rate instead of the shipping address rate.

- Opened link for invoice and clicked next buttons like I was checking out, did not modify shipping information. Tax rate shown is still local instead of actual shipping address rate.

- Clicked back, changed zip code and state. Tax rate of 0% correct for out of state.

- Clicked back, changed zip code and state to nearby that should have a different rate. Tax rate showing local instead of actual shipping address rate again.

Steve82
Excursionist
32 0 36

Update 2: For some strange reason, in the tax settings, the "Tax sourcing" somehow got changed to "Origin" instead of "Desination (default)". I have no clue how this would have gotten changed. I would have had no reason to change it to Origin in the past.