Action Required - Migrate to Fulfillment Orders API by June 30, 2023

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 977

23_Shipping_and_fulfillment.png

Update: Support For API Version 2022-04 Extended To June 30, 2023.

TL;DR: Any public, custom or private apps leveraging the deprecated Fulfillment API endpoints will stop working on June 30, 2023 in favor of the new Fulfillment Order API.

All apps that have not migrated by that date may stop working as intended. Please check our migration guide and take action as soon as possible to avoid any interruptions.

Fulfillment Order Migration Guide

Why is Shopify deprecating some endpoints on the Fulfillment API?

While using Fulfillment and Order resources to fulfill orders was once considered standard, this legacy behavior is no longer compatible with modern workflows. This holds apps back from a better, more accurate, way to fulfill and manage orders and makes it difficult for merchants to have visibility and control over their inventory and fulfillment. Fulfillment Orders API helps apps model the entire fulfillment process more accurately into its sub-pieces and unlocks access to new features like local delivery & pickup, fulfillment holds, subscriptions and more.

How do I move to Fulfillment Orders?

To help you seamlessly migrate, we’ve crafted a migration guide that walks you through the process of moving to Fulfillment Orders. If you’re wondering what it might look like once updated, take a look at our sample application  detailing how fulfillment and order management is done before and after Fulfillment Orders. 

When should apps start using Fulfillment Orders?

Some endpoints on the Fulfillment API were deprecated in the Shopify 2022-07 release.  Apps will have until June 30, 2023 to start using Fulfillment Orders

We are committed to helping partners through this process, so if you have additional questions, you can visit our Fulfillment API Deprecation community forum where we will be answering questions from our developer community.

Thanks,

Shopify Apps Team

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Replies 0 (0)