Solved

[API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password) (#CON11)

Polina_Frolova
Tourist
6 1 7

Hello,

My 3PL partner is trying to integrate with my store via access to the store API.

I've created a custom app and provided API key and secret key to them. However, when they try to save this data in their system they receive the following error: ''[API] Invalid API key or access token (unrecognized login or wrong password) (#CON11)''.ecup-store-error-26-05-2022.png

They say the message suggests the problem is on Shopify side. They have no issues with other active Shopify accounts.

When I contacted Shopify Support I was referred to the instructions on creating Custom Apps. So I'm writing here to see if anybody has any suggestions on what could be the issue.

Kind regards,

Polina

Accepted Solution (1)
Polina_Frolova
Tourist
6 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Gagah98,

The Shopify Expert was able to fix it for me. The solution is quite simple - instead of the API password your third party should enter Admin API Access Token in the password field.

Hopefully it will work for you too!

Regards,

Polina

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

gagah98
Visitor
3 0 0

Hello Polina,

I have the exact same problem as you.

Did you succeed to do it ?

Thanks !

Polina_Frolova
Tourist
6 1 7

Hello Gagah98,

I didn't find any solution through Shopify Support, so I hired a Shopify Expert to set it up for me.

Hopefully they will be able to fix it.

Regards,

Polina

Polina_Frolova
Tourist
6 1 7

This is an accepted solution.

Hello Gagah98,

The Shopify Expert was able to fix it for me. The solution is quite simple - instead of the API password your third party should enter Admin API Access Token in the password field.

Hopefully it will work for you too!

Regards,

Polina