Installation

Installation

AjeetSingh1
Shopify Partner
9 0 0
Getting Issue while Reviewing app

Here is the issue mentioned by reviewing team.

"Your app must not request manual entry of the URL or shop's domain during the installation or configuration flow".

Can you please help me in this?

Here is the current workflow

- User comes to our portal and enters his store domain URL
- Then we are creating a link with the store domain and redirect the user to this URL where he can authenticate by login and then install the app.
- After clicking the Install app we are requesting for an access token.
- Then using that access token we are fetching the orders, products of the merchant/user.

=> As per my app requirement, I'm allowing users to authenticate store manually from my application.
Replies 4 (4)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 820

Hi AjeetSingh1,

Is your app using OAuth or session tokens to authenticate? 

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

AjeetSingh1
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Yes Liam, I'm using OAuth "https://abc.myshopify.com/admin/oauth/authorize?client_id=xxxx" for authentication.

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 820

Hi again - if you're using OAuth, I'm not sure why you need to direct the merchant away from Shopify and to your portal to manually enter their store url. 

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

AjeetSingh1
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hey Liam thanks for a reply.
I've noticed that many other portal also have facility to manually enter the store url for authentication from their web portal. In my app, I'm also giving this facility to merchant to enter the store manually so if merchant don't want to visit shopify app market place but if he want to integrate his store from our portal directly then he can do that also. And from our web portal we want to give facility to manually enter the store and and after complete authentication he can retrieve his store data to our web portal.