Billing API Issue | Test Charges Active for all users installing my app

Samad12
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Team, 

We followed the API documentation and built our shopify billing API and commented out the "test":true statement to avoid test charges being applied to merchants who are installing our app on their stores. However, we are still facing this issue. 

I have merchants using the app but not getting billed for the usage. Can anyone please help me understand what needs to be done to fix this issue? 

Here is the link to the app to for testing - https://apps.shopify.com/akeneo-pim-connector?surface_detail=striketru&surface_inter_position=1&surf...

Please check the screenshots for the issue I am talking about. UScreenshot_25.pngser installed the app and the notification was "Recurring charge activated Basic - 199.0 (Test)" and this charge never changed to a real charge. 

Please suggest.

Replies 5 (5)

JayAdra
Shopify Partner
52 5 16

Did you try installing the app yourself on a test store? You will see a notice on the charge screen saying "This is a test charge" if it's still creating them as test charges.

If you don't see that notice, it is a real charge and you should follow up with Shopify.

If the notice IS there, maybe try explicitly setting test: false on the charge query?

Samad12
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Jay, Thank you for responding. Yes, I have tried installing the app on the test store and I see this is a test charge. My issue is that I am seeing test charges even when someone else is installing the app on their store. And the recurring charge for the merchant shows as "Recurring charge activated(test)". 

So my question is why is the charge test on Merchants side and why not a real charge. We have commented out the test setting on our code. 

'recurring_application_charge' => [
     'name' => $selectedplan->getName(),
     //'test' => true,  //remove this line before sending to app store
     'price' => $selectedplan->getPrice(),
     'trial_days'=>$nooftrialdays,
'    return_url' => "https://" . $params['shop'] . "/admin/apps/akeneo-pim-connector?".$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING']
]

JayAdra
Shopify Partner
52 5 16

Try un-commenting it and changing to test: false to explicitly tell the API it is a real charge.

Samad12
Visitor
3 0 0
Okay Let me try that.
Teon_Prudent
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Did this work?