API Assistance - need to speak with a human.

Solved

API Assistance - need to speak with a human.

se505
4 0 0

Our developer needs help with writing a script. I need to speak with a human or have an email address of a Shopify Support team member to assist us.

This is what we are trying to do. We would like to have an automatic feed from our warehouse software system to Shopify Notes and/or Tag field(s). Similar to how tracking numbers are populated we would like this to do the same. Our developer needs to communicate one on one with someone on the support team.

We do not want to go the avenue of adding another app if possible. Can someone on Shopify Support Team assist us? 

Thank you in advance

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
3009 463 618

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @se505 

I understand that your team is requiring some assistance in making a specialized feed between your warehouse and the Shopify admin. 

Our support team is available to assist our merchants and partners with troubleshooting issues with the platform or issues with our API where they might not be functioning properly. Our support is not able to provide consulting or support on creating custom setups. All the information we have available on creating custom setups will be included in our Developer Docs here: Shopify API reference docs.

Past that, I would look at hiring outside help to assist in developing this connection. Our Expert Marketplace is a great resource for things like this. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Shay
Shopify Staff
3009 463 618

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @se505 

I understand that your team is requiring some assistance in making a specialized feed between your warehouse and the Shopify admin. 

Our support team is available to assist our merchants and partners with troubleshooting issues with the platform or issues with our API where they might not be functioning properly. Our support is not able to provide consulting or support on creating custom setups. All the information we have available on creating custom setups will be included in our Developer Docs here: Shopify API reference docs.

Past that, I would look at hiring outside help to assist in developing this connection. Our Expert Marketplace is a great resource for things like this. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6380 583 1358

Shopify-Scripts are for checkout-scripts used by Shopify Plus during the checkout process.

The "scripts" api is for the scripttag api used for injecting javascript into online sales channel storefronts.

None of which apply to the description.

Shopify does not provide 1to1 development assistance to create your application.

They do not help build apps in the way you are asking, or build custom solutions for you.

They will only deal with things like bug reports or asking specific clarifying questions if at all.

The available apis are something individual business research, apply, and consume not something tailored to a custom experience in a 1by1 basis.

Your developers should start with the below do and come up with much more specific questions:

https://shopify.dev/api 

From the gist of it they need to go through the orders api but not clear if using REST or GraphQL

https://shopify.dev/api/admin-rest/2022-10/resources/order 

https://shopify.dev/api/admin-graphql/2022-10/queries/orders 

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

se505
4 0 0

There isn't someone we can speak with or exchange emails with to confirm this won't work.