Api list Order Status

Api list Order Status

whiterabbit
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi,

is it possible to obtain a json with all the possible states of the order through the API?
I would like to map all the possible states that any  order can have.

thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 234

Hi @whiterabbit , 

You should be able to obtain all the values that you need from our Order API documentation

If you find there's something that it doesn't cover, let us know so that we can have it added!

Josh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

whiterabbit
Visitor
2 0 1

Thanks for the reply.
I have already read the API documentation for orders and give info but I have to pass (I think I understand) always an id (order_id) to know the status of the order.
I would like to know what are all possible states of all orders.
also the states not yet associated with any order.

Josh
Shopify Staff
1134 84 234

Hey again @whiterabbit , 

You don't have to pass an order ID necessarily to fetch orders, if you just send a GET request to /orders.json 50 orders will be returned by default. If you send a limit parameter as well (ex. /orders.json?limit=250) you can return up to 250 at a time too.

There are a lot of different states that an order can be in, provided that you're not referring specifically to the 'status' of an order. Any available values for any order fields should be in our documentation though. There wouldn't be a way to get any values not already assigned to an order on a shop via the API. 

Josh | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog