Hello all, I'm currently developing an app that create custom sorting for collection. And there are some peculiar problem I'm facing with one of the Shop that uses my app. I've used the collectionReorderProduct according to the docs, yet on this one collection it does not work. Funny enough, other collection that are also sorted by my app does not have a problem at all, it all sorted according to the app. Is this a bug from Shopify?
Hi @fauh45 👋
I'd start by checking whether the collection that is failing to be reordered has the `Collection.sortOrder` field set to `MANUAL`. We haven't had other reports of this issue recently, so it is likely a setting on this particular collection that is preventing the `collectionReorderProducts` mutation to be completed successfully.
Hope that helps!
The script actually set the `sortOrder` to `MANUAL` everytime, but yet it still not working. I've also tried to set it to other `sortOrder`, but for sure, the `collectionReorderProducts` did throw errors. But there were no error at all with the script that set the `sortOrder` to `MANUAL` first. And somehow other collection works with this script, only this one that does not.
We were unable to replicate the behaviour in testing and wanted to reconnect. If you are able to share a recent example request we can take a closer look for logs with a few details, required to fully investigate: Request body and input variables (GraphQL), Response body, x-request-id and date response header values, and Endpoint URL. NOTE: Avoid sharing private store or authentication data, and ensure example requests are newer than 7 days old.
While our team can absolutely investigate logs, note any findings, give suggestions, and pass on next steps, in most cases where an issue cannot be replicated using others apps or stores, the best approach would be connecting with Shopify Support to report the unexpected behavior.
We will keep an eye out on this thread should you have examples to share - Cheers!