Custom Pixel missing order data

Solved

Custom Pixel missing order data

DavidAtFaslet
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

We're trying to migrate our custom checkout script to use a custom pixel, but we're missing some key information.
We're using the checkout_completed event and need the order.name at this point. All we get on the object is the order.id

We'd like to put in a request to add this missing data. Without this information, the order names that our return partners are passing us cannot be correlated to the orders.

Accepted Solution (1)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 821

This is an accepted solution.

Hi David, 

Could you use the order.id field that you get from the checkout_completed event, and query orders to get the order name? 

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 821

This is an accepted solution.

Hi David, 

Could you use the order.id field that you get from the checkout_completed event, and query orders to get the order name? 

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

DavidAtFaslet
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the response. I figured that might be a solution, but if i understand it correctly, we'd need an app (or our partner to give us an API key) and then we'd have to call the API for each order? We can't just call the admin API from a pixel can we?

Liam
Shopify Staff
2873 312 821

Correct - you'll need an API key to make an authenticated API call.

DavidAtFaslet
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi Liam,

We're trying to roll this into an App Pixel, but we're stuck unable to update the pixel during development. We came across this other issue, which aligns with what we're seeing

https://community.shopify.com/c/shopify-apps/web-pixel-app-extension-doesn-t-update-automatically-on...

Could someone on your side update this issue, and provide work arounds if they exist? 

We're currently blocked by this, from moving our checkout scripts to pixels.