We are currently seeing a lot of issues recently where some customers can't update their payment method for their subscriptions if they use Shop Pay. They receive the e-mail to update their payment method that's connected to the subscription. There's a button in the e-mail that redirects them to Shop Pay. This part works as expected. However, once they are logged in, there are no 'Active Orders' to update the payment method for that subscription. It's as if the connection to the subscription(s) has vanished.
Has anyone else come across this issue recently? Or know of a solution?
I finally was able to also see this issue with my account, but I'm not sure what caused it.
The end result is that the subscription can still be billed using the existing Shop Pay payment method (if it's still valid), but it can never be updated due to the Shop Pay connection to the subscription being missing.
This seems to be an issue now with more and more customers having trouble updating their payment method for their subscription(s) via Shop Pay. Does anyone have any way to resolve this or has anyone else been having this issue?
@Silk21 This is still a big issue and has not been resolved yet, unfortunately. I've reached out to Shopify Partner Support and they relayed the message to the API team 2 weeks ago -- but no clear indication of when it would be resolved (could be months or weeks).
@Silk21 Here are the steps for reproducing:
1. Create a new subscription via Shopify Checkout and use Shop Pay as the payment method.
2. Create another subscription via the Subscription API and use the Payment Method ID from the first subscription.
3. Cancel the first subscription.
4. Perform a Customer Payment Method Update mutation for the second subscription.
5. Once you click the button in the payment update e-mail, it'll forward you to Shop Pay, which then results in a page similar to the one attached as it thinks there are now no more active subscriptions.
As you can see, there's no way to ever update/change the card for that Shop Pay payment method that's attached to the other subscription due to the original subscription being canceled.
I hope Shopify gets this resolved sometime soon. I'm shocked that not many other merchants with subscriptions are encountering/reporting this.