Fraud Analysis and duplicate accounts

Fraud Analysis and duplicate accounts

JaviExpress
Shopify Partner
183 16 26

Hi.

Can Shopify's fraud analysis detect duplicate accounts created to exploit rewards or referral programs? Are there apps that might be more effective in this regard?

Customer Accounts Concierge
Turn the account page into a beautiful and multifunctional customer portal. Integrate contents, tools, and CRM features from other apps to drive a longer, richer and more personalized customer experience: Profile, Order History, Loyalty, Wishlist, Social Login, Customer Forms.
Replies 2 (2)

Sam_ian
Shopify Partner
63 3 11

Hello JaviExpress,

Shopify Fraud Analysis documentation

Shopify Help Center | Fraud analysis

Apps for Fraud Prevention:

Rise.ai

This app specializes in gift cards and loyalty store credit. It ensures that referrals are genuine by checking IP addresses and verifying that it’s the referrer’s first purchase at your store.

EasyAccounts

It can help prevent referral abuse

Smile.io and Stamped.io

These loyalty and rewards apps allow you to manage customer accounts and create unique referral links

Your COFFEE TIP! Can Create something incredible!
Require Assistance with google Analytics?
EMAIL ME!
Solved? accept it as solution with like
JaviExpress
Shopify Partner
183 16 26

Thanks!

But I'm not interested as much in apps that include fraud control as I am in 'fraud apps' or Shopify's fraud analysis itself.

I don't think the documentation in Shopify explains how the fraud algorithm works or if duplicated accounts (e.g. two buyers have similar email, address, phone, ip, etc.) would be flagged as fraudulent

Customer Accounts Concierge
Turn the account page into a beautiful and multifunctional customer portal. Integrate contents, tools, and CRM features from other apps to drive a longer, richer and more personalized customer experience: Profile, Order History, Loyalty, Wishlist, Social Login, Customer Forms.