More Comprehensive Fraud API Triggers

SBL1
Visitor
3 0 3

At the moment, the fraud API that Shopify has is only triggered based off of specific fields like credit card details, payment attempts, etc.

Recently, I have experienced fraudulent behavior which was not flagged by Shopify due to none of the typically trigger fields being suspicious.

I had over 10 orders placed within a 5-7 day span, all women's products, with around 10 bundle items, located in NYC--not a market I am targeting.

Since it was not flagged by Shopify, these orders were automatically pushed. I want to make sure suspicious orders are not automatically pushed for processing but instead flagged for manual assessment.

Is there any way to add a trigger for specific order quantity AND total sum? So if someone places an order for 10 bundles items, this type of order will be flagged as potential fraudulent behavior and requires manual processing?

Replies 2 (2)

Beacon-Jason
Shopify Partner
284 17 61

Hi @SBL1 

Really sorry to hear about your issue with the fraudulent order that was not flagged by Shopify. You can't really rely on the Default fraud analysis alone since fraud comes in many forms. 

If you are willing to give Beacon a try, we have this exact feature you are looking for. You can place orders on hold for you to review if it meets the following requirements of specific order QTY and setting the threshold of the total sum of the order. I've attached a screenshot below for you to look at the settings from our application. 

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 9.09.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-14 at 9.09.02 PM.png

If you have any more questions about fraud or our app in general, I'd be happy to help. 

  

Decrease fraudulent orders, stop chargebacks with Beacon. The most customizable fraud and risk management system built for Shopify businesses

https://apps.shopify.com/beacon

myra24
Tourist
9 0 1

Hi,

Yes, there is a way to add a trigger for a specific order quantity and the total amount of transaction for your manual review. 

Perhaps you can try FraudLabs Pro Fraud Prevention as this app does perform transaction validation which you are looking for. There are some transaction validation rules that you can set up and use to flag the suspicious order for manual review or cancel it automatically. You may learn more about other rules used by this fraud prevention app by visiting this link.

Below are the transaction validation rules supported:

• Department
  • Payment Mode
  • Product SKU
  • SKU Quantity
  • Total Amount Of A Transaction
  • Total Amount Transacted In This Profile Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Quantity Of A Transaction
  • Total Quantity Ordered In This Profile Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions By Credit Card Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions By Credit Card Within The Last 7 Days
  • Total Transactions By Device Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions By Device Within The Last 7 Days
  • Total Transactions By Email Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions By Email Within The Last 7 Days
  • Total Transactions By IP Address Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions By IP Address Within The Last 7 Days
  • Total Transactions in This Profile Within The Last 24 Hours
  • Total Transactions in This Profile Within The Last 7 Days

For example, you can flag an order for your manual view when the total quantity ordered in the same profile is greater than 10 within the last 24 hours by adding the validation rule. The validation rule is shown in the screenshot below.

myra24_0-1656038553459.png

Hope it helps.