Order API POST is not returning a response

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

Hi all,

I'm noticing a POST requests to the order API is currently not returning a response.  I've noticed a bunch of our customers imports are hanging and I've run a few tests as well and the POST api is not returning a response.  Can someone help resolve the issue as our customers are not able to perform imports.  If you need any more info please let me know.

Thanks!

Ralph

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
Replies 2 (2)

KarlOffenberger
Shopify Partner
1873 184 901

Hi,

Hope you're up and running again. Only Shopify staff could really tell what was going on and why, but in case you aren't aware of it, you can always refer to the status page (notice the Admin API issues earlier today?). If you were aware of it, then at least I hope it helps future readers.

Note to myself - write a status page scraper and service to alert on new issues!

Best wishes!

Ralph-HA
Shopify Partner
106 7 46

Hi Karl,

Thanks for pointing it out.  I am aware of the status page, unfortunately at the time there was no update about any issues.  About 40 minutes after I posted this, the API started working again.  It seems there was some issues with the API, but I'm hoping to hear more details from Shopify.  The API was not responsive at all when POSTing to the orders api.

Hopefully your note about the status page helps others in the future.

Ralph

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill