Can Oberlo automatically submit and track orders from Shopify?

AMillionGoal
4 0 0

Hi fellow UK Shopify merchants. I was glad to see a UK community since Shopify seems very US orientated.

My store is new and I'm currently looking at servicing UK customers using dropshipping initially to avoid the initial outlay.

The plan:

1. Avoid EU warehouses on the basis of the extra paperwork required for importing goods from EU - feel free to correct me if this view is incorrect.

2. Only import products where cost+shipping is less that £135 to avoid customs duty that will cause goods to be withheld until customer pays the duty.

The problems I have experienced is that AliExpress has the best selection of products compared to other warehouses/distributors, however choosing dropshipping suppliers with good reputation, fast delivery and accepts returns, and relevant products has been the most time consuming. 

Having used Oberlo, is this the best app for automated orders from Shopify and order tracking?

Peter

Reply 1 (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1425 138 324

Hi @AMillionGoal,

Thank you for getting in touch with your question. I can certainly see why with the new tax and import laws regarding Brexit would make it beneficial for you to avoid using suppliers based in the EU, and if you're looking for more information on how these new laws have affected trade between the EU and UK, you can read our blog post on Brexit and its effect on commerce. We also have a UK taxes and Brexit guide featured on the Shopify Help Center.

Finding high quality products on AliExpress from reliable suppliers that offer reasonable shipping times can be difficult, but it is possible. It's worth taking some time looking at the products you're interested in selling, reading the reviews for different sellers that offer them, and taking a look at the shipping services and times they offer. Many suppliers will offer free or extremely low cost shipping, but these options often take a long time to ship (30 days or more), but often you can find a slightly more expensive shipping option that remains reasonable while also drastically cutting down the estimated shipping time. You'll want to do your research on the products you want to sell and whether selling them via your own store will be feasible for both you and your potential customers. If you do wish to use AliExpress suppliers, the Oberlo app is worth using for the various features it offers, and its integration with Shopify makes managing your products and orders very straightforward.

If you wish to look outside of AliExpress and Oberlo, you still have plenty of options. I would recommend reading through our blog post on finding dropshipping suppliers to get a better idea of where to find suppliers you can use for your dropshipping store. Like many aspects of selling online, the more time and effort you spend researching and contacting suppliers, the better results you'll likely have.

I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any further questions.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Promotion image (Anonymous)
About Group
Grouphub Avatar

Welcome to the community for Shopify merchants in the UK. Our goal is to make sure you have the tools and knowledge to succeed and grow.

open Group   |  Created on Nov 2, 2021
Group Admin

shopify staff StefanEmea

Shopify Staff

shopify staff Kerstin_K

Shopify Staff