What do you think about Etsy in UK?

Dogify
Tourist
16 0 2

Hi there. I sell bamboo products. The warehouse is in England. So I would ship mainly to the UK. I looked at Etsy and maybe uploaded my products there as well. What do you think about Etsy in UK? Do you still know English marketplace like Etsy? Which English site would you upload your products to?

Sincerely

Balazs Ruman

Replies 6 (6)

vinods
Shopify Partner
847 15 93

Hi @Dogify

As you know Etsy is a market place, any market place like Etsy, Amazon the search works differently as compared to search engines. Also they charge you for ads. Market place search behavior is different of users as on other digital channels. I would suggest you promote on digital channels. I have served merchants for promoting on digital channels

Let me know any questions further

Vinod Sachdev
Digital Centrics
Digital Marketing Manager
Google & Bing Ads | Website Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization

Ashwin1988
Tourist
4 1 0

Hi Balazs Ruman,

Your thought process is absolutely correct.

If you own a shopify store in UK and are selling in UK, I would suggest you to go for Amazon, Etsy, eBay, Gumtree, Argos, Marks and Spencer etc. I am not telling that it will increase your sales 10 times or 15 times like that. But it will definitely increase your brand presence. 

When a new customer will discover you on internet, they do not need any sort of reference from their friends or colleagues about your brand. In fact it will easier for them to take a call on whether to buy or not.

Hence, I will suggest you to go for it.

Regards,

Ashwin

https://zety.com/profile/aswini-palo

Dogify
Tourist
16 0 2

If I have a Dropshipping store, would you still recommend these marketplaces?

Ashwin1988
Tourist
4 1 0
This is a tricky one.
If you have a good margin on Etsy and if the original manufacturer is not
present on Etsy, then you can afford to go for it.
Otherwise it is a strong no.

Ashwin1988
Tourist
4 1 0

This is a tricky one.

If you have a good margin on Etsy and if the original manufacturer is not present on Etsy, then you can afford to go for it.
Otherwise it is a strong no.

KreativDesign
Visitor
2 1 0

Etsy technically is for handmade goods, craft supplies or vintage items only. The fees have just increased, there seller support is now diabolical and due to their greed I would suggest avoiding them at all costs.