Solved

Framing Shipping Times As A Positive

jsd5400
Tourist
8 0 1

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right group but here goes.

I am using ali-express for some of my products and the shipping time can be a bit longer than most people expect. How can I frame this as a positive or help customers feel good about waiting the extra time? Is there any place I can see sample text to put me on the right track?

Any help is apreciated

Accepted Solution (1)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 96 191

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jsd5400.

This is a common question so I am thrilled you took the time to post it today! 

A lot of merchants try to hide the fact that shipping is longer. However, this is something you should never do. The best course of action is to be upfront and honest. Not only does this build trust with your customers, but it sets reasonable expectations. As long as the purchaser receives a great product, and they are aware of the delay a head of time, they are generally content to wait! 

To make this clear, you will want to add this to your store's Shipping Policy, and if you feel necessary, in your shipping rates. For example Standard Shipping (2-4 weeks). Within your policy you can address the global supply issues as the reason for the delay.

That being said, if your target market is the US, then there are actually suppliers on AliExpress who ship directly from the United States and utilize USPS. The product cost is generally slightly higher, however, the shipping speeds are much faster. To find suppliers in the US when searching on AliExpress, simply select Ships From: United States at the top of the search options. 

Is this your first dropshipping business? If so, definitely recommend checking out the Dropshipping 101 course. This will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to grow a successful store!

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Skye
Shopify Staff
1070 96 191

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @jsd5400.

This is a common question so I am thrilled you took the time to post it today! 

A lot of merchants try to hide the fact that shipping is longer. However, this is something you should never do. The best course of action is to be upfront and honest. Not only does this build trust with your customers, but it sets reasonable expectations. As long as the purchaser receives a great product, and they are aware of the delay a head of time, they are generally content to wait! 

To make this clear, you will want to add this to your store's Shipping Policy, and if you feel necessary, in your shipping rates. For example Standard Shipping (2-4 weeks). Within your policy you can address the global supply issues as the reason for the delay.

That being said, if your target market is the US, then there are actually suppliers on AliExpress who ship directly from the United States and utilize USPS. The product cost is generally slightly higher, however, the shipping speeds are much faster. To find suppliers in the US when searching on AliExpress, simply select Ships From: United States at the top of the search options. 

Is this your first dropshipping business? If so, definitely recommend checking out the Dropshipping 101 course. This will provide you with all the tools and knowledge you need to grow a successful store!

Skye | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog
jsd5400
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you. I have updated my shipping policies. Thanks for your help.

Pocro
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm glad I came across this thread. I'm getting into dropshipping and I was bit stuck on the shipping time. To me, I couldn't see how someone would want to wait 2 weeks for a product. But it seems from what I've read most customers don't even care really. As long as I put in the shipping times that It will take 2 weeks due to high demand and other things, I should be good.

I was trying to see if I could find a supplier in the US but for now I will start with China. But eventually would want to have wholesale inventory cause I do plan on making it like an actual proper business ykwim

dropship_helps
Shopify Expert
1823 56 280

Hi @jsd5400 

You can mention like below. 

Due to the high demand for this product, the shipping time is a bit longer than usual. 

jsd5400
Tourist
8 0 1

Thank you that may be helpful I will try it out.