New Store probably some basic questions for a seasoned Shopify user.

New Store probably some basic questions for a seasoned Shopify user.

Horshack21
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello. Hope all is well, thank you in advance for any suggestions or support.

I am starting a fishing supply store. I appears to me that all of the name brad suppliers I.e. shimano, Diawa, Okuma, Rapala etc.. are all on Aliexpress or Temu. I am hesitant to go through those sale portals as the delivery time can be quite long, in addition it would appear I am paying an additional mark up that almost makes the whole endeavor not worth while, as you can walk into a physical store and buy these items cheaper or on par for what I am paying via Aliexpres etc.

1) Is there as work around?

2)Am I missing something?

3)Should I contact each vendor individually and ask them to sell to me direct? Each supplier has a vendor store on these platforms (Temu/Ali express) if that’s the case would I receive the items faster if I link to their individual products from their Ali express/Tenmu Stores?

I am an Operations manager in a different industry but I feel I am missing one key step to really sorting out my supply chain. I do not want to open my store with items from Ali express etc.if all I am going to do is get complaints or cancelations and damage my brand right from the beginning.

I have signed up for Auto DS but their fishing supply is very small not sure they are worth it.

Any help would be much appreciated I really want to commit to this endeavor I just need some vital info to set me on my path. thanks again for any support, all the best John.

Reply 1 (1)

Horshack21
Visitor
2 0 0
thanks whats the next step