Why am I not making any sales on Shopify despite high traffic?

kyle2001hudson
Excursionist
22 0 4

What’s up guys, I’ve had my store for a little over a week. On the first day I paid someone like $5 on fiverr to promote my page on Facebook while I worked out the small tweaks I needed to make before I did my real Facebook marketing campaign. I just wanted to test out if the small traffic it brought would show me anything about my site. I’ve had decent luck when it comes to add to carts and checkouts but no actual SALES. Today I’ve only had my Facebook ad campaign going for maybe 5-6 hours and I only did about 12 $5 ads just to test out the audiences and a lot of them have extremely low CPC and high CTR but high CPM but overal getting good link clicks. I still have no sales. The traffic before today was about 2k over a week from the $5 fiverr service and I had no sales from that and now 6 hours in no sales from Facebook. I know it’s just $5 ads but I expected at least one by now with having 12 different ad sets. This is my first go and I will obviously continue to narrow down my audiences but I’m starting to think there’s something wrong with my site. There’s no way after have maybe 20-25 add to carts and checkouts reached I don’t have just ONE sale. I’m not getting to down or anything because I know it’s still so early for me and I know my product will sell to the right audience. I have good ad copy and a great video ad, I think my website looks convincing but I just cannot get a sale to save my life. Someone plz help. 

Replies 6 (6)

Michal17
Shopify Partner
835 73 175

UpPromote-old
Shopify Partner
142 2 16

Hi @kyle2001hudson ,

With the marketing strategy, you should spend first priority to find the methods which brings positive results with no risky and low cost. It much better for you at this time. Running ads such as Facebook ads, Instagram ads, even Google ads are popular methods to viral your products faster. However, you should consider it because it is not really a potential choice for starters. The reason is that you might cost a lost of money to run for long term. In some specific case, if it don't bring positive traffics for you, you also need to pay fee to maintain them. We know it because we know many customers get same issues. 

My recommendation is that you should think about another safer and suitable methods for your business. Affiliate marketing could be a good option for your.  Affiliate marketing is a marketing model which helps to grow your business faster and stably. This marketing campaign allows you to connect with various affiliates, and then they will use their advertising sources such as social media channels, websites, blogs, etc, to promote your products. You only need to pay affiliate commission whenever a customer makes a purchase via the unique link or coupon associated with their recommendation.

How to success with affiliate marketing? Here is a real story: Armin Reischer: How we monitor all affiliates and boost our sales – Blog Uppromote

UpPromote_0-1626074719267.png

UpPromote_1-1626074719245.png

Here are the benefits of affiliate marketing

1. Make extra income

The main advantage of affiliate marketing is that the income is entirely performance-based. This is because affiliates are only paid a commission when a purchase has taken place. That means if the affiliates have an ineffective campaign, it won’t affect your budget. 

The affiliates understand that driving huge traffic of potential customers will help to increase sales conversion. For this reason, the affiliates will spend much effort to build effective social platforms, promotion or boosting posts of your products in a better way to attract customers. The more efficiently they work, the more commission they generate, and the more sales you earn. 

In addition, by using affiliate marketing alongside other forms of marketing, you are generating different income streams. In fact, different affiliates will provide variety of advertising techniques, such as email, Facebook advertising, pay-per-click, guest blogging, etc. For this reason, your Shopify business never relies on one form of marketing.

Another instance, if you want to drive specific products which have low profit, you can use UpPromote: Affiliate Marketing to set the best special commission rule such as offering a higher commission rate for each specific product. That will create affiliate motivation to work harder.

2. Expand your target audiences

The plus of affiliate marketing is to expand out into new markets that you haven't explored, giving your brand a much stronger online presence. By working with affiliates, you not only get your products reach to new audiences, but also create an awareness that could have the potential to extend beyond a single-product promotion.

However, “Too much of anything isn't good for anyone”. If your Shopify business doesn't mind a suitable affiliate recruitment strategy, your time and resources will be wasted. Therefore, to approach qualified affiliates, you can use UpPromote Marketplace where includes top Shopify offers that are open to any affiliate to join and apply. The more information like category, or program details are provided on UpPromote Marketplace, the more possibility it is that affiliates are interested in your business.

UpPromote_6-1626074920116.jpeg

3. Low investment but high cost effective

In fact, affiliate marketing does not need a huge amount to build a customer service team, or running advertising. This campaign helps to mitigate any risks that drive traffic or run social ads with little or no result for your Shopify business, while also ensuring that merchants achieve what they pay for.

Furthermore, using UpPromote Marketplace to recruit affiliates in new markets is an easy way to branch out your reputation into these markets without generating the cost for an entire marketing campaign. In fact, whereas a poor marketing campaign that sends you low quality results will still need to be paid for, even if you make no sales. However, affiliate marketing ensures your marketing is cost effective and helps to reduce the risk of “leaking out” money for an uncertain market. 

In addition, if your products can be marketed worldwide, affiliate marketing is a low-risk and cost-effective way to tap into the global marketplace. With the huge number of affiliates based internationally, they can support you to market your products strategically, as well as provide widely your products to international markets.

4. Promote business brand name

By partnering with trusted ambassadors, you can further your reputation significantly. In fact, in the research phase of an online purchase, customers will spend their priority for retailers they are familiar with. They have a certain level of trust in websites they frequently visit for finding product recommendations. As a result, when these reliable partners champion your products, that will further solidify consumer confidence in your Shopify business. 

UpPromote_7-1626074920187.jpeg

A research reported that 92% of customers trust the recommendations of people, companies or influencers they know. For this reason, working directly with affiliate marketers who then promote your products to their established audience, brings more opportunities and more direct sales.

In addition, the high coverage of your brand across reputable media platforms will help your brand become stronger. The more websites your products shown, the more people will recognize your brand name.

Here are your recommendation. We hope these are useful for you. Good luck with your business!

All the bests,

UpPrmote: Affiliate Marketing

banned
davidfitz
Visitor
3 0 0

I assume you're quite new to this but please don't use Fiverr for your marketing. If you are on a budget then watch some Youtube videos and do it yourself until you get to a point you can hire someone more professional. 

kyle2001hudson
Excursionist
22 0 4

Yeah I learned that pretty fast haha. I mainly just wanted to do it to test out what the customers on the site would do while my site was still being finished so I could try to figure out if there was one thing scaring people away. But I finally got a couple sales and I only did $5 Facebook ads to rest which audiences would be interested in clicking and I’ve been narrowing those down and increasing the money on the ads so I’m sure as soon as I find my perfect audiences and scale I’ll be much better. I appreciate all the help form everyone! I think I was just a newbie a little nervous that my first store was going to be a fail, which I honestly would’ve been fine with because either way over the past 10 days I’ve learned so much. Thanks everyone!

VitaF
Shopify Partner
159 2 28

Hi @kyle2001hudson

It seems like you already had great help from the community! 

Just stumbled upon your comment, and thought to add some points here. There are so many things you can do besides paid ads, that are great not only to get more traffic but to convert this traffic, which i understood was your main issue.

Depending on your strategy and product, i would try: 

1) Retargeted display ads - this are proven to be more effective than normal ads in terms of click rates and conversion rates.

2) Use SMS marketing - i know, sounds old fashioned right? But through SMS you can distribute promotions and special offers, whilst sharing a link to your store. This way you can increase the traffic, whilst giving the initiative to the customer to make the purchase as well. Also, SMS open rates are much higher compared to social media ads or emails, at 95% being open and read within 3h (compared to 20% for email and even lower for paid ads). Therefore, conversion rates are also higher. 

Hope this helps! There are of course a lot more ways to promote your business and increase conversion, but these were the two to mention from my side. Here you can find some more in-depth tips and tricks to grow your business through SMS marketing

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions! 

Best,
Vita

Helpcenterapp

Edward-Newgate
Shopify Partner
570 22 61

Hi 

It's just one week, it takes time to get sales so I think you should be patient, while waiting for first sales, you should read this post.

Was my reply helpful? Click Like or Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!