Access to Dummy Store to Test Klaviyo

Solved
Batigoal
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello everyone,

I am new to eCommerce. I am currently learning e-com email marketing for Shopify stores using Klaviyo. I am following tutorials from a Klaviyo course I purchased. 

The challenge I face at the moment is I do not have access to an active Shopify store.

The Shopify trial account I signed up for is limited to test the tools demonstrated on the Klaviyo course. I cannot simulate Welcome Flows or Abandoned Cart for example as there are no active products in the store. 

Is there a way I can access a dummy store (paid or free) for the purpose of becoming efficient at Klaviyo, please? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3956 384 797

Hi @Batigoal,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great to see you're interested in starting a store, do you know what you're looking to sell yet or are you just exploring ideas? 

I can definitley see your problem with wanting to test out more of Klaviyo (I also use it for my store and it is great). It seems like you will need to purchase a plan to test out some more of these features though. I know that is a pain and probably not what you want to hear, but unless you are a Shopify Partner for a development store or have a paid plan, there are limitations to the free trial plan such as this and not being able to make a sale. The reason for this is if features like this are allowed on the trial and then no plan is purchased, it can disrupt the app developer and the payment options for them or a customer might not receive their product etc. You can learn more about the free trial here

If you wanted to reach out to the support team directly and see if there is a possible way around this (I can't gaurentee anything and there might not be) you can log in and talk to someone and ask here

If you have any other questions about Shopify and getting your store set up, don\t hesitate to let me know! 

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Batigoal
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi @Nick 

Thank you for the reply.

I am not looking to sell at the moment, although I might do so down the line. 

My goal is to develop my Klaviyo skills at then start a Shopify Ecom Email Marketing Agency.

I have access to a Klaviyo training course. My challenge is with practising what I learn from the course before using the skills on a live store. 

I have thought of getting a paid Shopify plan. My worry with this is, I might make sales (even one), and then will need to fulfil the purchase, and provide the customer service that goes with it.

I am wondering if there is a Shopify plan which simulates a live store? Or can I get a paid Shopify plan and prevent stop from making any purchases?  This way, I can practice and build confidence before taking any client.

Thanks

0 Likes
Nick
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3956 384 797

This is an accepted solution.

These are great questions @Batigoal!

You can have an account and website but not add any products to it to make it a website of sorts or if you did want to have have some as that's part of your build out you could have them but make the inventory "0" until you're ready to add inventory to your store. This way, you wouldn't run the risk of accidentally making a sale while working on the Klaviyo side of things. You could also look into pausing your store and continue to work on it. This would disable the ability to sell but still work on other aspects. You can read more about pausing a store from the help guide we have on this here

Do you think any of those options could do what you need for this?

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Batigoal
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you very much, @Nick!

Yes, this helps a lot.