Add To Cart clicks tracking on Google Analytics - Shopify Basic Account

IsabeljHarvey
4 0 0

I am struggling to get a tag to track clicks on the "add to cart" button for Google Analytics.

I have the Goal for the "view cart" page loads but this doesnt track the actual clicks for my GoogleAds Campaign.

Is this because Im on a Shopify Basic account and its only available on Shopify Plus through GTM?

Or am I just missing something completely?

IsabeljHarvey_0-1657831387736.png

Replies 3 (3)

GivingX
Tourist
8 0 0

Hello, I think there's not any mistake you did in the goal setup. You have to try to set up conversion tracking through google tag manager it gives you perfect results. here you can follow the steps for conversion tracking in GTM:
http://www.ganotes.com/track-add-cart-events-google-analytics-google-tag-manager/

IsabeljHarvey
4 0 0

Hey GivingX thanks so much for replying, but I thought GTM is only valid for Shopify plus for anything checkout related including Add to cart? 

Scott_Clever
Shopify Partner
18 0 3

If you trying to get the add to cart conversion in Google ads and analytics then you should get all that when you add the Google channel app from Shopify.

If you have enhanced e-commerce already loaded then you should be getting analytics add to carts already