Automated discount calculation by clicking a link

manosmstr07
Excursionist
18 0 3

Hello friends,

My question is if we could somehow set a link from an email platform such us mailchimp or klaviyo for our customers and by clicking it a discount automaticly calculated in his checkout. For example i want to give 10% discount to an abandonded cart customer and i don't want to make him write the discount code in coupon box, i prefer by clicking the return link discount be automatic calculated. Any thoughts?

Thank you all,

Manos

Replies 7 (7)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 955

Hi @manosmstr07 

I would love to suggest the AVADA Email Marketing app.
The app supports showing the coupon code in the email and setting the button as a discount link.

So customers click on the link and are redirected to your site to check out; the coupon code is automatically applied at the checkout. They don't need to copy or write the coupon code by themselves. 

If you feel like my answer is helpful, please mark it as a SOLUTION. Let me know if you have any questions!

banned

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

Hi Monos,

You can turn any Shopify discount code into a shareable discount link. The link looks like this:

https://yourshop.com/discount/DISCOUNT_CODE

where yourshop.com is your store domain and DISCOUNT_CODE is the discount code.

If your customers click on the link, then the discount will be applied on the checkout page. The only problem is that the link redirects to your store home page. It can also take your customers to a subpage of your store if you add a redirect parameter pointing to a collection or product page (e.g. https://yourshop.com/discount/DISCOUNT_CODE?redirect=/colletions/new). Unfortunately, It's not possible that the sharable discount link would take your customers directly to their abandoned checkouts.

There is also another option available without using any apps. When you send the abandoned cart recovery email directly from Shopify, then you can append a discount code to the abandoned checkout URL.

{% if url contains '?' %}{{ url | append: '&discount=ABC' }}{% else %}{{ url | append: '?discount=ABC' }}{% endif %}

This will redirect your customers to the abandoned checkout and apply the discount code automatically.

If you'd want to achieve the same in Mailchimp or Klaviyo, then I recommend using Personal Discount app. Our app not only makes it possible to redirect to the abandoned cart with a discount code applied automatically. You can also send unique and time-sensitive discount codes. For example, you can send a discount code that is valid only for 24 hours for each customer individually, what additionally increases the chance of completing a purchase.

I'm a software engineer. I make things happen automatically.
Check out my apps Exporteo, Fulfilleo, Stockeo, and Personal Discount.
manosmstr07
Excursionist
18 0 3

So as i understand there isn't a command/code that i can use as a landing page from and abandonded email that can land customer into his ckeckout page and has his discount automaticaly calculated if we use an extrenal app and not shopify right?
We are using an app that offer many marketing tools such us fortune wheel, pop up upsale notification and email marketing flows such us abandonded mails. Idealy we want them all in one so we are trying to set automatic discount there.

LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

There is no general solution for 3rd party apps. Theoretically, it may be possible if the app you use makes the abandoned checkout URL available as a variable / merge tag / personalization field. If you reveal the app name, then I'll take a look to see if it's possible.

manosmstr07
Excursionist
18 0 3

The app that we are using is: 

Pop Ups, SMS & Email Marketing

by ONE
LukaszWiktor
Shopify Partner
314 24 120

@manosmstr07 I've checked that the app you use provides the {{ cart.url }} variable for abandoned checkout emails. It should be possible to append a discount code that will apply a price reduction automatically when a recipient clicks on the Resume Checkout button. Take a look at the orange rectangle on the screenshot below.

LukaszWiktor_0-1649832083757.png

I haven't tested it end-to-end though.

diananh
Shopify Partner
38 0 4

Hi,

I am facing the same issue where I want to redirect the customers to Abandoned Checkout page with a discount code and not to the Home page.

I am using Shopify's Custom automation template. 

Can you specify where I should add the redirect script as you mentioned above?