Solved

Why isn't Google indexing my Shopify blog post?

williamhamal
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

I have created a blog post. but google is not indexing it. I have published this post 2 weeks ago and it is still showing this 

Screenshot (1).png

Accepted Solution (1)

demib
Shopify Partner
132 12 62

This is an accepted solution.

Assuming your internal navigation is OK (that there is normal links to your blog posts) depending on the authority of your site it can take some time to get new content indexed. You can submit the page in Google Search Console but often it does not speed up actual indexing.

The best you can do is generally get more and better links to your website to increase authority. That will make indexing faster. 

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

demib
Shopify Partner
132 12 62

This is an accepted solution.

Assuming your internal navigation is OK (that there is normal links to your blog posts) depending on the authority of your site it can take some time to get new content indexed. You can submit the page in Google Search Console but often it does not speed up actual indexing.

The best you can do is generally get more and better links to your website to increase authority. That will make indexing faster. 

SEO Geek since 1996, consultant author and public speaker. Admin of the Shopify SEO Facebook Group

Was your question answered? Kindly mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
williamhamal
Shopify Partner
5 0 1

Thanks a lot will definitely add more links to it. Thanks for your feedback 

PageFly-Victor
Shopify Partner
7865 1785 3050

Hi @williamhamal

Agree with @demib. It would take 2 weeks to 4 weeks for pages from the new site to get indexed on Google. I suggest that you make sure that you already submit your sitemap, and keep producing more content to build up your topical authority over time. 

Let me know if my answer is of any help with a thumb up or like 😄 

jam_chan
Shopify Partner
891 23 171

@williamhamal Cross-post the post to other communities and it will get faster to be indexed. When there are more backlinks from other sites, Google bots will parse the post earlier

BYOB - Build Your Own Bundles, SPO - SEO App to research keywords & edit social link preview

electroarcade
Excursionist
17 0 19

I'm having the same issue.

Site ranks quite well in Google search and our blog generates a good amount of traffic.

Our blogs usually get indexed quickly, however the latest two blogs published a good 2+ weeks ago are showing in search console as discovered - currently not in index. 

https://electroarcade.com.au/blogs/arcade/game-on-friends-the-best-pandoras-box-arcade-or-game-over

https://electroarcade.com.au/blogs/arcade/pandoras-box-9-game-on-friends-gb2000-game-list

Canonical looks good. Only SEO flag I can see is potential URL length.

Any recommendations would be appreciated?