Solved

Can I edit all Google fields simultaneously on Shopify?

Edanabella
Tourist
3 0 1

How can I edit all google fields at the same time?

Accepted Solutions (2)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Edanabella,

in the Shopify store, there is an app called Ablestar Bulk Product Editor, which will help you modify the Google Shopping fields in bulk (either an in-app editing or by uploading a spreadsheet.

Learn more about the app: https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-product-editor

The app has a free version that allows you to do 5 free edits every 30 days. So you can test it before purchasing the app.

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

View solution in original post

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Edanabella

Welcome to the Shopify Community! At this time, it's not possible to use the Bulk editor to edit Google fields in bulk. This means, you'll require the use of an app to do so. I wrote a reply on this topic linked here in the Community that outlines a couple app options for you. Thanks @Niki_K for the app suggestion, one alternate option I also highlight in my post is Bulk Product Edit & CSV Import

Don't forget to run through the Google Channel Requirements before editing the fields. Let us know how this goes, and the solution you settle on! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 15 (15)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @Edanabella,

in the Shopify store, there is an app called Ablestar Bulk Product Editor, which will help you modify the Google Shopping fields in bulk (either an in-app editing or by uploading a spreadsheet.

Learn more about the app: https://apps.shopify.com/bulk-product-editor

The app has a free version that allows you to do 5 free edits every 30 days. So you can test it before purchasing the app.

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
Edanabella
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank you a lot

Hilary
Shopify Staff (Retired)
551 79 131

Hi, @Edanabella

Welcome to the Shopify Community! At this time, it's not possible to use the Bulk editor to edit Google fields in bulk. This means, you'll require the use of an app to do so. I wrote a reply on this topic linked here in the Community that outlines a couple app options for you. Thanks @Niki_K for the app suggestion, one alternate option I also highlight in my post is Bulk Product Edit & CSV Import

Don't forget to run through the Google Channel Requirements before editing the fields. Let us know how this goes, and the solution you settle on! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

ChubbyLeaf
Tourist
5 0 3

Does shopify have the ability yet to edit required fields for multiple items at once? I'm kinda speechless that I have to edit hundreds of products individually 

Sophia
Shopify Staff
1666 108 217

@ChubbyLeaf wrote:

Does shopify have the ability yet to edit required fields for multiple items at once? I'm kinda speechless that I have to edit hundreds of products individually 

Thanks for your question! Changes have been made to the bulk editor recently, and it should now integrate with the Google sales channel.

I'm not currently able to access the sales channel in my test store, but let me know which sections of the admin you're looking at and which fields you currently need to edit.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Dan_DoricDesign
Shopify Partner
6 0 0

Hi Sophia, I think it's worth noting that you have to go through the Sales Channel "Google" in order to click on the product list under "Product listings" in order to get the bulk editor with the extra google fields.

KARANGW
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi.

I have a small doubt, on the shopify products page we entered the category that best suits the product (image 1) - do we have to enter the same again in the More Actions >Google Fields>Product Categorization  again?

Are both required to be filled?

Edanabella
Tourist
3 0 1

@natashadisante wrote:

Hi @Edanabella 

You can easily bulk edit your Shopify store's metafields from Mixtable's Excel-like spreadsheet interface. Map all the Google Shopping metafields you want to columns, update the relevant cells, and sync the data back to Shopify

Thank you a lot

lucentterrafirm
Visitor
1 0 0

This comment is in reply to the ABLESTAR BULK EDITOR! 

Either an error in their code or a scam intended to get Shopify store owners to purchase their product for bulk editing. 

THIS APP SCRAMBLED ALL OUR STORES PREVIOUS GOOGLE PRODUCT INFORMATION!

This is very upsetting! Now I am no longer able to bulk edit google product information, and I assume this is because the code this app used in order to stop bulk editing unless you use their app is still lingering in our code. Very upsetting!  

ALL fields for all products being sold on google were previously setup before installing this app!!! Now ALL OF OUR PRODUCT FIELDS VIA the Google Channel ARE SCRAMBLED!!!!!!! This app is costing us man hours to resolve this issue! 

Fixaball
Visitor
1 0 1

I downloaded the app to see about it. Deleted it and it deleted the existing feed. Now, I have to reconfigure things to reinstate the googe feed, wasting a lot of my time

nicolasmendes
Visitor
1 0 0

Had similar problems here with ADNABU app.
Downloaded it to bulk edit and it removed a lot of settings i had previous updated through shopify. Now i have 33% of my products repproved because it changed the setting: {IDENTIFER EXIST} TO false and i cant find where I edit this back. Plus it removed all GENDER, COLOR, AGE of my products.. Zzzzzz. 

pfcmna
Visitor
2 0 3

It is really a bad solution not to be able to edit google fields from native Shopify BULK editor . In addition, the management of products from the google app works very badly and is slow. Why doesn't shopify have a BULK change of all fields including the METAFIELDs you create? They take 1 step forward and 100 back

pfcmna
Visitor
2 0 3

***** SOLVED *****
Move into PRODUCT PAGE
SELECT PRODUCT or ALL PRODUCT THAT YOU WANT MODIFY and click BULK EDIT

So in navigation bar take a look at URL BAR the part of this: Product&edit=

After that put this string

metafields.google.google_product_type%2Cmetafields.google.gender%2Cmetafields.google.age_group%2Cmetafields.google.condition%2Cmetafields.google.custom_product%2Cmetafields.google.age_group%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_0%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_1%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_3%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_4

and finish before &return_to=

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

So look like that:

.......Product&edit=metafields.google.google_product_type%2Cmetafields.google.gender%2Cmetafields.google.age_group%2Cmetafields.google.condition%2Cmetafields.google.custom_product%2Cmetafields.google.age_group%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_0%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_1%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_3%2Cmetafields.google.custom_label_4&return_to=.......

Work great! Thank you Shopify, I always made solution by my self!

google_field.png

Swaggerlikeme
Excursionist
43 0 1

Hi Thanks for your help and suggestions. I manged to use the bulk editor to edit metafields.google.custom_label_0 but it enters on the product title (in Bulk editor) not for each variant. When it updated on GMC it did not show the custom_label_0 value its empty. is there a work around ? 

Swaggerlikeme_0-1668742014877.png

see its not for each variant but for the product. But when i look in GMC this is what i get, custom label 0 is blank. 

Swaggerlikeme_1-1668742167058.png

im confused i cant figure out how to fix this!

thank you!

RJ

LJHoward
Visitor
2 0 1

Excellent solution.  Now, if only we had a list all of the fields we could "bulk" edit with your solution.  Work great!