Bulk upload of products to GMB (Google My Business) from Shopify

KieranR
Shopify Partner
305 25 96

Yeah used that a few times, I thought free product listings in GMC are not the same as local products in GMB though? Where in the menu do you see the option to link the two, I haven't seen that before?

Full time Shopify SEO guy, based in NZ. Sometimes freelance outside the 9-5.
0 Likes
puneet_unbundl
Excursionist
34 3 9

Go to Growth > Manage Programs > Free local product listings

Choose continue or Enable as per the option you can see

0 Likes
KieranR
Shopify Partner
305 25 96

Ahh right, are you referring to this? https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/9825611?hl=en

So you need to have a local inventory feed configured for the "Free local product listings" tile to show up? I only see "Free product listings" in compatible geos, documentation above doesn't explicitly specify this requirement, if there is one.

Eg: 

KieranR_2-1626805319850.png

Where do the products actually show in SERPs - does this just pull through to the Shopping tab and help to show local inventory features?

Do the products synced through local inventory feeds, actually get into the GMB panel too, and work the same  as if you manually published some products in GMB? 

Example of products within a GMB panel:

KieranR_4-1626805613346.png

0 Likes
Carlo_Crighton
Excursionist
39 0 24

Hi @KieranR I can see the program referred to by @puneet_unbundl in GMC and NZ is one of the countries its available in. Unfort., IRL is not supported. Typical Google with their European HQ here and 5k+ staff  

GMC-freelocalproductlistings.jpg

KieranR
Shopify Partner
305 25 96

Yeah but what I'm trying to understand is if the Free Local Product listings via GMC are functionally the same and have the same SERP output as GMB "add a product". Or not?

I've got a few geos that are in-zone maybe so worth a test to understand how it actually works first hand, as I feel as though they are two entirely different things, with GMB products showing in the local GMB tile - eg: 

KieranR_0-1627412849518.png

Do GMC added local inventory feed products get displayed in ^ that location, or do they only show in Shopping tab results, or both SERP locations? There are not too many examples in the wild or much documentation out there to clarify how this works in practice.

0 Likes