Campaigm UTM URL paramaters being removed from product pages

Zyber_Limited
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

ttps://www.example.com/products/product1?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid_social&utm_campaign=modelvideo&utm_content=modelvideo&fbclid=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

but automatically redirects to the variant URL > https://www.example.com/products/product1?variant=123456789

any solution to avoid this redirection? we want to track each campaign's activities and conversion.

Replies 13 (13)
KutokuTim
Tourist
5 0 1

Hey @Niki_K 

Just to follow up on this. I believe I have resolved the issue. I have some code that requires a query param to exist in order to execute (and I thought this was not running because of the query param removal) but it turns out that this code executes _before_ Shopify's Javascript that re-writes the query params. So for us at least this is not an issue.

Really appreciate the assistance though. Thanks again!

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
226 24 66

Hi @KutokuTim,

okay! Great! Thanks for the update!

Send me a link to your store to niki@hey.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit nikikozak.me
LuisGomesHM
1 0 0

Hi @KutokuTim 

We are having the same issue and unfortunately Shopify Support says that it is not their scope of work. Could you please detail how you solved the issue?

Many thanks in advance

KutokuTim
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi @LuisGomesHM 

Well, we were lucky that the problem actually didn't affect us. We have a code snippet installed in the Shopify site's HTML. This code snippet requests a JS file and sends the query parameters along with that request. This request happens _before_ Shopify's code removes the query parameters so we were a bit lucky.

I do believe this is a Shopify issue and from their response to you it sounds like either don't want to fix it, or don't understand the problem.

Sorry I couldn't be more help.