Complete Social Media audit for your Shopify store and will suggest ideas to improve your social media strategy

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:

This post is closed..Sorrry guys. Thank you for all the love..

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey,

Let’s talk about getting the most out of social media for your Shopify store.

If you’re just starting out (or sometimes even if you’ve spent many months on your Shopify store), it’s a struggle to get quality traffic and sales. Most sellers rely on things like Adwords, Facebook ads and SEO to generate traffic… but not everyone makes the best use of one free marketing channel that everyone has - social media.

Do you have a social strategy? What is it? How relevant is it to your target audience or is it just what everyone else is doing?

Working at a startup that makes social media tools for online sellers, I get to work with hundreds of Shopify and Etsy sellers. I’ve been doing this for 3 years now. Every online seller I work with has a different target audience and social strategy. I’ve learnt quite a lot from each of them.

I wanted to share this learning with you people: I will do a complete social media audit for your business and will suggest ideas to improve your social media strategy (due to many requests for audit it may take me few days to reply)

Just mention your store URL in the thread. (It may take few days to audit and reply as I want to really dig deep and provide super-valuable, actionable insights in the audit)

I will also love to learn from you 🙂 Share your own experience in social media, what worked for your store and what didn't! This will help other sellers too.

Regards,

Natwar,

Founder,

Around.io - DIY Social Media Marketing App for Shopify Sellers

Around.io - Social Media Marketing for Shopify sellers
Replies 61 (61)
Fraser_Sinclair
3 0 0
Spencer8
4 0 0

Hey Natwar!

I would like to thank you for providing us with this wonderful opportunity.

Here is our shop URL: www.bloomsvilla.com

Kindly do the audit and let us know what improvements we can make.

Thanks in advance.

theEvo
Shopify Partner
8 0 0
Jutta_Meyer
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Natwar,

I appreciate this opportunity - unfortunately we are selling in Germany. But maybe you are willing to take this challenge and can help us improve our shop. This would be really great! If you need some translations just let me know (info@dogs-heart.de)

Www.dogs-heart.de

If you want the challenge to try improving a german shop

I'm curious 🙂

Jutta

Follow_Me_Every
2 0 0

Hi Natwar,

Thank you for this opportunity and I hope we are not too late for your social media audit and suggestions.

Our shop URL:  www.followmeeverywhere.com

Thank you

Azzy
1 0 0
Benjamin_B
Tourist
19 0 3
Sidqie_Djunaedi
2 0 0
LH1
2 0 0
Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

Hey Fraser,

Your store is not launched yet so I can't see any details. I will suggest you to start creating social media profiles for your business (if you haven't created allready).

Here's a very useful free ebook to help you optimizing your social profiles for your online shop.

Thanks,

Natwar

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

Hey Jutta,

Interesting shop 🙂 I did use google translate to check it out..but I was looking for your social media profiles, and I was able to find your FB page..and here are a few things I would like to share:

- Great use of video's, its really hot on FB right now and I can see how nicely you are using them..kudos 🙂 

- You have no CTA on your FB page, please add it..not sure how? Here is how you do it: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/312169205649942

- You don't have any long description on your Facebook page, I would highly recommend you to fill it and share your story there..tell people why you do what you do..that gives your brand a purpose in visitor's eye and people start liking you and your brand at a different level..

- Try to do FB live one of these days and share how you groom your dog or share how you train your dog. I mean anything that can add value to other dog owners 🙂 

Also, do you have other social media profiles? If not, please make atleast Instagram, and Pinterest..and add them to your shop 🙂 

Here's a very useful free ebook to help you optimizing your social profiles for your online shop.

I hope it helps,

Natwar

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

Hey Emma's Doll Shop,

I was able to find your Fb page, your Pinterest profile and your Instagram profile 🙂 

Here is my assessment:

Instagram

- Instagram is all about hashtags, hashtags are important as image itself..I believe you should spend some time researching hashtags and use them (I recommend 10-20 hashtags per post)

- your last instagram post was 4 weeks ago, you got to stay consistent on your social media profiles, I realize its a time consuming process, but its a marathon and it pays off on long run 🙂 

- Your brand name on instagram is different than everywhere else..is this intentional? I would go with same..

Facebook

- First off, consistency..you have to post more often

- You need to post more interesting things on your Facebook page, I mean other than your products..you can post "work in progress" photos, articles about doll collection, or anything that your potential customers care about, even if it has nothing to do with dolls clothes 🙂 

- You have add more to your "long description" in FB, here you can tell people more about you, and why you do what you do 🙂 

Pinterest

- I see you are most consistent here 🙂 Do you get a lot of traffic from Pinterest? 

- Also, you are part of 2 group boards, I would recommend being part of more group boards and staying active there..here is a free resource to search group boards: http://pingroupie.com/

Please take all this feedback with a pinch of salt..

Here's a very useful free ebook to help you optimizing your social profiles for your online shop.

I hope it helps,

Natwar

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

Hi Santu,

I just went through your shop www.bloomsvilla.com  and  the first imression is really nice 🙂

Now about utlizing the Social Media in the best possible way, I will suggest you few things:

i) I see you all ready have created decent profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Google Plus. You can further optimize the profile for better visibility. Here's a free ebook to help you on that.

Remember to update the banners periodically for fresh look 🙂

ii) You don't have Pinterest profile.It works really well for online sellers if you can make it work. I will suggest you to create one.

iii) A good strategy is to make your visitors/customers into your social followers to keep in touch with them. Here are few things you can do:

• Offer discount to your visitors in exchange of a follow through pop-ups. There are some Shopify apps which do exactly that.
  • Some other places where you should encourage your customers to follow you: The thank you page, after making the order, Sale confirmation email, Newsletter emails etc.

Facebook:

Post more frequently. Don't post products or links to your shop only. Share blog posts, videos,GIFs which your users may like and also makes them more interested about your products.

Native facebook videos works really well on facebook. Create short video (may be only with your photos and some background music) and upload it on your page.

Instagram:

Be regular. research and use relevant hashtags (to get more reach/ use local).Have human touch - post images of your products with human.

Twitter: Tweet more frequently,atleast 5-8 tweets per day. Follow influencers (People who are within your target audience, have large no. of followers and very active).

Hope this will help a bit 🙂

Thanks,

Natwar

Natwar_Maheshwa
Shopify Partner
49 0 7

Hey theEvo,

I have gone through your website and social profiles of www.breezebreeze.com .

Few things I will suggest you:

i) Optimize your social profiles further for better visibility (like your website's address on your banner). Here's a free ebook to help you on that.

ii) A good strategy is to make your visitors/customers into your social followers to keep in touch with them. Here are few things you can do:

a) Offer discount to your visitors in exchange of a follow through pop-ups. There are some Shopify apps which do exactly that.

b) Some other places where you should encourage your customers to follow you: The thank you page, after making the order, Sale confirmation email, Newsletter emails etc.

iii) Facebook: The most important think in social media is consistency. I like the way you created posts with dogs and hiking but you need to be more frequent with posts. Share other stuffs (interesting videos,blog posts, GiFs) also which ur followers may like.

Native facebook videos really works well. Try to create a short video (may be a behind the scene video as people really love stories).

iv) Instagram: Instagram works really well for your product niche. You need to have more consistency here too. Use Hashtags (to get more reach/ use local). Find some influencer on Instgram who has large followings, offer them free products in return of promoting your product by wearing and posting photo with your product details.

v) Pinterest: Pineterst is also a good platform in your niche. Here's a guide to improve your Pinterest strategy.

* Open the social media links on your website footer in new tab currently it's opening in the same tab.

Hope it helps 🙂

Thanks,

Natwar

Jutta_Meyer
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey Natwar, 

already set up the CTA on FB. Instagram I don't use so I don't know anything about it. Will ask my son;-). Pinterest I like very much so I will start to set up my account there and improve my FB site. 

The rest takes more time, I will first read the ebook you attached. Many, many thanks for your valuable tips!

Greetings from Germany

Jutta

Meri_Geraldine
13 0 0

Hi Natwar!

I'm Meri from Gardens of the Sun. You're giving so many helpful tips and insights! I hope I'm not to late to ask for your help and advice too. 

I'm mainly on Instagram, which is where most of my clients find me. I'm less active on Twitter and Facebook, I just don't really get it and I don't see much engagement. I enjoy Pinterest and have recently started to get more active there. 

Thanks!

Meri

Neil_Massenzo
5 0 0

Hello Natwar,

This is really a great service with a ton of value that you're giving.  Really appreciate it.  My store has been live since May 1st.  So, any input will be greatly appreciated and thank you again.  All of my Social media icons are at the bottom of the website before the footer.  https://doggyshops.com ;