My 2nd ask today! I'm a digital consultant relatively new to Shopify and am having issues with the seems-to-be-common "you need to add a gtin or mpn" message. When I access the home page, I see this message: "43 products didn’t publish to Google. View these products to see why." When I click to see why and view the products, the error message for each of the products is "you need to add a gtin or mpn" BUT:
1. Each of the products actually has a GTIN.
2. When I visit Sales Channel > Google, the status shown is "43 products are available to the Google channel" (I'm assuming that the status of "43 products are available to the Google channel" simply means that these products are available for the feed to Google.)
3. The smart campaign is running with this product information from Google ads and I am getting impressions:
Make sure to uncheck custom product by going to Shopify > products > click on your product > more actions > google.
Thanka for the response. I've discovered two issues with the product listings and the GTINs:
1. Each product has a GTIN but the name of the owner when I do a search here (https://www.gs1us.org/tools/gs1-company-database-gepir) is wrong.
2. The client and I somehow how got our wires crossed when working on the product listings. While each product has been given a GTIN which has been added to the product information page, each product is also marked "this is a custom product" in the Google fields. So this does this create a conflict?
1) Check the product packaging, or contact the manufacturer to get correct info.
GS1 info does not show the brand name, but the company name, which is different.
2) Yes, uncheck custom product if you have correct brand and GTIN values.
Back again. This is mostly fixed but, for a handful of products, the error message continues to be "you need to add a gtin or mpn" for products that definitely have a GTIN and the "This is a custom product" box is definitely not checked. Is this feedback real-time or do I need to wait for the next sync with Google? (That actually raises another question: Is the product feed updated in real-time? Once a day? Once a week? Once a month?)
When product information is submitted it takes half an hour for Google Merchant Center diagnostics to update.
If you are using the free app, it should update whenever you make a product change.
It's been more than 24 hours since my last round of product updates. There's been no change in the handful of products mentioned in my previous message (custom product *unchecked* and each product definitely has a GTIN but the feedback from Google is "needs gtin or mpn.")
Then something went wrong. You can check the final attributes in Google Merchant Center > Products > all products > click on the affected product > scroll to the bottom.
If this is incorrect, then maybe you have something that is changing it, such as supplement feeds or feed rules.
Or the app is not working as expected, and in this case contact Shopify support.
Getting back around to this...
The products labeled in Shopify as missing a GTIN do not appear Google Merchant Center > Products > all products. I will contact Shopify support.
Connect your PayPal account to allow your customers to checkout using the PayPal gateway a...By Ollie Jul 28, 2022