FROM CACHE - en_header

Creative Testing Facebook

MARKKISILOV
Tourist
8 0 5

Hey everyone,

I am not sure if it is the right place to post this, but if it is - I would love to get some assistance on the topic.

I am a drop shipper, and I made 3 video ads + 3 thumbnails for my product.

Obviously I need to do creative testing to find out which video ad + thumbnail are the best.

That is why I created 1 Adset with 9 advert That look like this -

VIDEO 1 THUMBNAIL 1

VIDEO 1 THUMBNAIL 2

VIDEO 1 THUMBNAIL 3

VIDEO 2 THUMBNAIL 1

VIDEO 2 THUMBNAIL 2

etc...

However, I don't understand if I need to put an interest when doing the creative testing or just keep it broad with the basic (US, 21-64+, etc..)

I would really appreciate your help on this one!

MARK.

Reply 1 (1)
wjvh
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey Mark

I know it's been a bit of time since you posted this but am replying just in case it's still valuable for you, or other folks. I'm the founder of a Shopify app (https://www.trypencil.com) that focuses on ad creative testing.

TL;DR the only way to know what'll work best for you with interests vs. broad targeting is to test. The ecommerce community has somewhat moved away from interests and towards broad targeting as a way of giving Facebook's algorithms more freedom to find you buyers, as well as to scale spend/results quickly when buyers are found.

Try to provide Facebook with as much signal via custom audiences (on the targeting side) and the pixel (on the attribution side) as you can. You can check out this article on the fundamentals of the topic.

If you're just starting out with ads and don't have much signal, or if your budget is on the small side, you might get better initial results with interests and it may just be valuable to see which interests seem to resonate to provide general feedback on your assumptions around who your customers are.

I'd be happy to go deeper on this - and would also be interested to hear how you got on with whichever route you took?

Best

Will

Just out here trying to automate creativity without killing it at https://www.trypencil.com ✏️