Data Feed issue with Facebook..

JordanFitness
Visitor
2 0 0

We are having major issues with Facebook having massive issues with our Shopify product feed. We are not experts in the very technical parts of code etc so are not sure how to fix it all as Facebook help has been useless. 

This is what comes up when we go onto Facebook commerce manager:

JordanFitness_0-1638199112382.png*

*The 'policy violations' don't exist and we have zero violations etc against our account.

We are aware that our product data feed has missing or invalid information, and our data feed comes from shopify and is called 'Shopify Dynamic Facebook Ads Product Feed'. However, we don't know how to access this 'data feed' in question to make any changes and try to fix all of this. 

One thing we found when researching on Google Merchant Centre was that we need to do this:

JordanFitness_1-1638199286248.png

The issue is, we cant check our product data if we don't know where to access it? Do we access this through Shopify? 

Help appreciated as we are in a big mess - cant really run ads, tag/sell products in on social media etc. 

Replies 4 (4)

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @JordanFitness,

here are answers to your questions:

1. Violating FB policies – even if you're 100% sure that your ads comply the policies, it might happen that FB for an unknown reason decides to ban ads. In this case, go to the Quality Account section in your BM and ask for review of the specific banned ads/products.

2. Events error – go to the Events Manager, check the diagnostics and test events. You'll see where the problem is. 

3. Review the items which aren't being shown in the dynamic ads – see where the problem is (I guess it's because of the violating policies reasons).

4. Product feed – yeah, it's kinda tricky. You can actually see the source of the feed. Go to the Ecommerce section in BM, then click "Data sources" on the left menu. Then, on the right side, you will see the feed and under the name of the feed, here is information such as feed type, feed id and feed URL. It's in CSV file so maybe you could import the data to Google Sheet? Never tried this, so you might need some googling to find it out. 

Hope this helps!

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.
JordanFitness
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you so much!

1. The major issue is our catalogue on BM as when we click account quality we cant actually review anything as there is nothing to review!

JordanFitness_0-1638256283909.png

2. This is what we see but we have no clue how to fix it:

JordanFitness_1-1638258395563.png

3. We will have a look and do this

4. When we open the file from the URL all that comes up is an excel sheet of about 10 of our 900ish products as i'm guessing they're the only ones without any errors?

Niki_K
Shopify Partner
447 45 124

Hi @JordanFitness,

1. Ok, that's weird. I guess there's bug from the Facebook side – it happened to me many times that when I clicked the Account Quality, there's was error saying that I should try it later. One point – are you admin of the account? Maybe if you have some limited access this could be also the reason why you can't see them for review? Hmmm, just trying to find out possible reasons. 

2.  The first problem is with the search event – are you using the search event for your ads? If not, you can basically leave the issue. I assume this is a bug in the Shopify <-> Facebook integration. Plus, have you configured web events to use Aggregated Event Measurement? https://www.facebook.com/business/help/422408905612648?id=1877298665783613

If you prioritize the 8 events without the search event, I think it should stop notifying you about the issue. 

The second problem – you can fix it easily. Go to the Events Manager and to the Pixel. Click settings and scroll to the bottom. You can section called "Domains in your block list". Click edit and block the domains. 

3. Ok.

4. Hmm, that's weird, In the previous screenshot, I see that only a few products have some issues. If you click the preview buttons, what does it say? You can also do some manual changes in the catalogue directly from Facebook, maybe this could be the easiest solution?

Snímek obrazovky 2021-11-30 v 15.45.30.png

Send me a link to your store to niki@ecommercepot.com and I'll help you out.
For more info what I do, visit my agency website ecommercepot.com or my personal website nikikozak.me.

melissadean41
Visitor
1 0 0

A data feed is a spreadsheet file that you can use to upload and manage items in your catalogue. If your data feed is missing required information or formatted incorrectly, certain items may not be updated or the entire feed may fail to upload to your catalogue.

We recommend that you check and fix any data feed issues regularly to prevent outdated product info from being displayed in any ads, shops or other channels connected to your catalogue.

Check for issues with your data feed
To check for issues in a data feed you've uploaded to your catalogue:
In Commerce Manager, open the Catalogue tab and go to Data sources. All the data feeds you've uploaded appear here.
Check the Last update column for each data feed:
If you see Items failed to upload: Some items in your data feed have issues so they haven't been added or updated in your catalogue.
If you see Feed upload failed: Your data feed has one or more issues that have completely blocked it from being uploaded to your catalogue.
Select View feed error report on the right-hand side. Or, you can click on your data feed to open its overview and then select View report.
Review any errors in the report. You can learn more about common errors in the next section. Edit your data feed file to fix the errors. Make sure that you follow our data feed specifications carefully.
Upload your updated file in your feed's Settings. Or, if you've already set up scheduled feed uploads, save your updated file on your server or hosting website and your catalogue will be updated automatically at the next scheduled upload time. Note: If your scheduled feed has failed to upload several times, we may have paused your schedule. To restart it, go to your feed's settings. Under Schedules, select Resume.