FROM CACHE - en_header

Do I need the product type in the title for SEO?

TheCoolCat
Tourist
14 0 0

Hi!

In Shopify there's the input field for product type. If I sell a t-shirt, and classify it that way in that field, must I also call the product 'very long sample funny phrase t-shirt' or may I omit 't-shirt' from the title?

Thanks!

Replies 2 (2)
PageFly
Shopify Partner
3612 544 1889

Hi @TheCoolCat

You'd still need product type in your title, since Shopify Product Type is mainly used for internal categorization. 

Note to optimize your on-page SEO, you need to edit the SEO title, not the Product Title, open your Product Page on Shopify -> Scroll down to the end you'll see option to edit SEO title for your product page. 

Screenshot (93).png

For example, if I want to rank for a T-shirt product, I would put very long sample funny phrase t-shirt there.  Make sure your Title is under 70 characters and must contain the keyword 

Screenshot (94).png

Let me know if my answer is of any help with a Thumb Up, or Like 😄  

If you find it helpful, please let me know by giving it a like or marking it as a solution.

PageFly- Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 100.000+ active merchants.

Check out our Ecommerce Website Design ideas for 2022. 

Learn the quintessential strategy to bring your store online with An Evergreen Guide.

EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1070 143 334

Hey @TheCoolCat,

A common mistake with SEO is using the wrong words, you have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We go into depth into everything in our video:

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

PS: If you need some last minute graphics for your store for Black Friday, we released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook